PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] streaming on Android not working with last update - Solo2 (working ok with build790)

juanca2000
23-12-13, 01:16
Hello All,
I have been using streaming (transcoding) from my solo2 to my android devices recently and worked quite well inside and outside of my home (3G and wifi).

It stopped working with this last update (update done on 2013.12.16)

The last image I had in the backup was build 790 (2013-11-16). I have downgraded it to this build and streaming to android devices is working fine again.

Some solution already available to use streaming to android with latest build? Any news on this for future versions? I ll wait with my old build 790 until this is solved as I am using it quite often. It is a great feature very handy.

Thanks a lot for your advices.

PS. It is my first post and did not really find where to post it. I hope it is the correct place.

Rob van der Does
23-12-13, 06:39
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)
And a download-section is for downloads :confused:

potterson
24-12-13, 13:29
Have you checked your ip address hasn't changed ?

Rob van der Does
24-12-13, 15:28
Please try today's drivers; it seems there is a fix.

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/

danivtec
24-12-13, 15:50
Transcoding is working on my iPad with black box using the new drivers so assume it will work ok on android. Doesn't appear to be any sound at the moment in my testing.

kiwiz
24-12-13, 16:29
so bad so sad. vu+player working good but when i go outside ip changed no more :S
e.g tried to watch Tv on my samsung galaxy witgh vu+player coudnt access the box cause got BT WIFI IP.

so will there be a solution for that really vu+player is just waste of app then if we cant go outside mhm .

so we need to be next to the router!!

juanca2000
29-12-13, 12:00
Hello again.
Thanks for your answers.
I hope it will soon integrated in next update. I am new to this with very little knowledge of boxes so I don't know how to manage and select drivers.

My IP adress has not changed but even if it was, I am using a dyndns to get back to the correct ip. With the exact same settings it works perfectly with build 790 but not on newer on my S3 phone for example.
By the way my old tablet galaxy 10.1 (GT-7500) need the exact external ip adress in VU+ android application to work (dyndns does not work). But after that it works fine in both devices tablet + phone.

I ll wait a little bit more with my old build 790 a check soon if fixed.

For Kiwiz: I am not sure how the application knows if it is home network or outside wifi but what I did is 2 profiles. In the profile for outside home network, I have changed the internal ip number 192.168.0.20 to 192.168.1.20. I think if the wifi network you are connected uses xxx.xxx.0.xx then you need to trick the application by replacing the ip number by xxx.xxx.1.xx (192.168.1.15 for example) This is only a guess but if the application does not find a valid internal ip it will use the external ip adress. I think it is worth a try.

Thanks a lot