PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Help:- Unable to enter text on VIX Image 3.0.808 Vu+ Duo2

Kenyan
22-12-13, 02:31
Hi Guys, am new to the whole Vu+ Duo2 and Vix Image, but am quite competent on the Linux box scene.

My problem, and am not sure its a problem, is when I try enter my town or city in LCD4Linux all I get is numbers and not letters.
So I thought it could be a setting under Menu, I needed to change, I went into Menu>Setup>System>Keyboard. After playing around and changing each keyboard in there and pressing OK and then returning to LCD4Linux, am still not able to type my city.

What could be wrong, and what can I do to change this issue, and more important. How can I change my city name if its not a Bug.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Vu+ Duo2
Version: 3.0 Build: 808 Kernel: 3.3.8:baby:

judge
22-12-13, 02:52
Try: Menu -> Setup -> System -> Remote control code -> Text support = yes.

Kenyan
24-12-13, 01:54
OooH My God, if I was Santa 'Judge' I would be stopping at your house 1st. and staying for Lunch.

THANKS....IT WORKED.

Much appreciated and for the quick reply. Thanks alot. Simple and to the point.
Cheers and A Merry Christmas.

judge
24-12-13, 02:28
No worries & glad you're sorted.
Hope everyone sees how entering the correct details when reporting a ViX issue gets faster answers...
Saying that, you could also have done a forum search for "Text support", would have given you the answer even faster...
This question is asked way too often so I'll open a request for Andy to enable it by default.