PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Autobouquetsmaker issue (n/a channels)

siross
18-12-13, 19:46
Hi all,

I noticed the other day that I didn't have the new BBC HD channels on my list so I ran a service search using ABM. When it went through all the channels not only were the BBC HD channels still not there, a load of channels are now coming up as <n/a> until you actually view that channel and it seems to then know the information.

It seems to be only happening on the free to air channels...??

Any ideas what's going wrong here?

Thanks,

Simon

Andy_Hazza
18-12-13, 20:39
If you reboot ur box afterwards it should correct this. :thumbsup:

mongo
19-12-13, 00:00
Well I get this aswell but the other way round.....

Reboot my solo2 (vix build 800) and all channels come up n/a. Run ABM and all channels get there names back.
Reboot again and same issue, n/a on all channels, run ABM, names back.

Now I have another solo2 and didn't update the software build since 790 (I think). No issues with rebooting and names missing. Did and update to latest 803 build and getting same n/a issues.

Tried deleting lamb.db file in etc/enigma2, get same probs.
downloaded latest satellites.xml file, get same probs.

Ran a full satellite scan, but that's not worked either.

Oh and it's not just the freeview channels, getting it on all channels. Changed to that channel and it reveals the name.

judge
19-12-13, 00:22
Did and update to latest 803 build and getting same n/a issues.

Build 803 isn't the 'latest' build.
806 currently available on http://openvix.co.uk

Can folks with this issue flash 806 or later, whatever is current on http://openvix.co.uk at the time.
Don't restore any settings, run ABM & report back if you still have the issue.

mongo
19-12-13, 00:29
Sorry, just checked and i was on 806 build on both solo2's and getting same issues.

Do you want a fresh install of 806 build?

judge
19-12-13, 00:38
Sorry, just checked and i was on 806 build on both solo2's and getting same issues.

Do you want a fresh install of 806 build?

Yes, a fresh flash with 806, no settings restore.
Set-up ABM & run a scan.
Do you get the NA issue then? on a reboot or E2 restart, do you get the NA issue then?

TK4|2|1
19-12-13, 08:27
When I upgraded to 806, every channel came up n/a. I re ran ABM and it fixed it.

Sent by pressing buttons.

mongo
19-12-13, 08:34
When I upgraded to 806, every channel came up n/a. I re ran ABM and it fixed it.

Try rebooting your box or restarting enigma2, they will prob go n/a again.

Off to work just now so with do a fresh install of build 806 when I get in tonight and see if solves the problem

TK4|2|1
19-12-13, 09:14
Try rebooting your box or restarting enigma2, they will prob go n/a again.

Off to work just now so with do a fresh install of build 806 when I get in tonight and see if solves the problem

You are correct.

siross
19-12-13, 17:56
I'm on 806 as well, just tried to run ABM and it doesn't seem to be working at all now. When I click on "Start Scan" the screen goes blank for a while, then spinning Vix and then comes back on with n/a channels without looking like it's even performed a scan at all...

I've tried rebooting to no avail, even more channels are listed as n/a

mongo
19-12-13, 18:38
Yes, a fresh flash with 806, no settings restore.
Set-up ABM & run a scan.
Do you get the NA issue then? on a reboot or E2 restart, do you get the NA issue then?

Ok, initial reports are that a fresh install seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for your help

scoobydoo
19-12-13, 18:53
This problem is 3 weeks old and there's no solution from admin.
All i got was criticism when I gave a way to fix this that works...
If you do a fresh flash you will not be able to use you settings backup because it will put the problem back again..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

siross
19-12-13, 19:34
What is the fix that works?

Thanks,

Simon

scoobydoo
19-12-13, 19:43
As I said I got rood criticism last time so up to you if you want to follow the link and have a go.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=33909

mongo
19-12-13, 22:31
If you do a fresh flash you will not be able to use you settings backup because it will put the problem back again..

Ok so from what in can gather the issues is not with ABM, it's in the settings when starting enigma2.
So the next question is....what has changed in the settings file?

scoobydoo
20-12-13, 08:57
Don't know to be honest.
I first found problems like this when using dreamboxedit. I would ftp new bouquets onto my old dreambox with openpli and the bouquets would copy across but if I added or removed any satellites or there was changes to some of the frequencies of channels for some reason they would not over wright.
So logically my conclusion was to remove the old satellite listings then try and ftp my new bouquets with new satellites list. This still didn't work unless I did a reboot after deleting the old satellites first.

I also experienced the same problem if there was a change in satellite.xml.
ie some bouquets I downloaded for some reason had a few sat positions set differently.
ie 4.8east had been changed to 4.7east cousing problems with USALS
This had the same problem that it would not change when I used dreamboxedit.
So I had to delete it reboot and copy a new satellite.xml or an edited version.

So when I had the problem with n/a over the last few years on channels and a rescan would not fix the problem because a reboot reverted back to n/a it seemed to be a similar error of not being able to over wright the old files. And this seemed a better solution than loosing all my settings and doing a fresh install.

This particular problem may not be down to the satellite.xml file but I've always replaced that to prevent the above problems at the time.

As I said before I'm no Linux Geek but when nobody can give a solution or at the time I didn't even know anybody else had experienced this then sometimes we have to make do with an alternative solution that works. From the info I've given about this the Linux Geeks must know exactly what's going on..

scoobydoo
20-12-13, 10:00
Just remembered I also found that some satellite.xml files that dreamboxedit uploaded from catseye ect had slitely different names to the satellite description ie some where '28.2 East' and some where '28.2 E' ect. This would course problems when doing a fresh scan because it would label the sat as a different name and make double entrys for one sat. And things would get a little confusing.

So this also coursed problems I think that was another reason for deleting the satellite.xml file and starting with a fresh one.

Rob van der Does
22-12-13, 19:34
Just remembered I also found that some satellite.xml files that dreamboxedit uploaded from catseye ect had slitely different names to the satellite description ie some where '28.2 East' and some where '28.2 E' ect. This would course problems when doing a fresh scan because it would label the sat as a different name and make double entrys for one sat. And things would get a little confusing.

So this also coursed problems I think that was another reason for deleting the satellite.xml file and starting with a fresh one.
That is not correct: the name of a satellite may be anything you like, even 'XXXXX' will do. It's just for the users convenience.
The part used by E2 is the location (i.e. 282 for 28.2E) and that must indeed be correct.
So it happens again here: all kinds of rumours .......

scoobydoo
22-12-13, 20:41
That's not a very constructive post. It would be more helpfull to give an explanation to why this anomaly is experienced.
Do you have a solution for everyone that has been suffering from this n/a problem then? Or will you let people continue spreading rumours.

Stales
22-12-13, 23:22
I have this issue and it is very frustrating and a genuine issue that the VIX Team need to address. Any software update, crash, basically anything that causes a restart of E2 loses the majority of channel names. I for one if it is not acknowledged as a VIX image problem will be moving to a different image. I have to do a complete tuner rescan every time E2 restarts. Love the VIX image but this is ridiculous so would really appreciate the team looking at this.
Regards, Stales.

judge
22-12-13, 23:38
I have this issue and it is very frustrating and a genuine issue that the VIX Team need to address. Any software update, crash, basically anything that causes a restart of E2 loses the majority of channel names. I for one if it is not acknowledged as a VIX image problem will be moving to a different image. I have to do a complete tuner rescan every time E2 restarts. Love the VIX image but this is ridiculous so would really appreciate the team looking at this.
Regards, Stales.
What channel listings are you using?

Stales
22-12-13, 23:46
Hi Judge, as I have said on several threads about this issue, I have a VU+ Solo2, image 806, I have 2 fixed tuners 28.2E, simple and use the image standard autoboquetmaker, nothing complicated, all standard. This issue has happened somewhere around the 800+ image. So many people seem to have raised this issue but it seems to have been ignored by the VIX team which is very unusual. It's not just a few channels showing as N/A, it is the majority of channels on any E2 restart.
Thanks in advance
Stales

Sicilian
22-12-13, 23:55
but it seems to have been ignored by the VIX team which is very unusual. It's not just a few channels showing as N/A, it is the majority of channels

It's not been ignored, I personally have tried to replicate to no avail.

Please do a fresh re-flash and setup with no backup restore. Directly after you finish the startup wizard setup and run autobouquetsmaker. Once scan complete do a correct reboot, hold down standby button on remote and select restart on TV screen.

judge
23-12-13, 00:08
Hi Judge, as I have said on several threads about this issue, I have a VU+ Solo2, image 806, I have 2 fixed tuners 28.2E, simple and use the image standard autoboquetmaker, nothing complicated, all standard. This issue has happened somewhere around the 800+ image. So many people seem to have raised this issue but it seems to have been ignored by the VIX team which is very unusual. It's not just a few channels showing as N/A, it is the majority of channels on any E2 restart.
Thanks in advance
Stales

I've flashed 5 different boxes today.
All on build 808 & only have access to 28.2.
Gigablue Quad, TM2T, TM Nano, ET4000 & VU Solo2.
None have this NA issue.

Can I ask why are you doing "a complete tuner rescan every time E2 restarts"? An ABM scan is enough as you only have access to 28.2.

As Sicilian says, I'd start with a fresh flash (no restore), then run ABM.
Shut down/restart... & then let us know if you have the same issue...

Larry-G
23-12-13, 00:12
It's not been ignored, I personally have tried to replicate to no avail.

same here on my solo2 (my personal test machine i use daily ) and the ultimo ( the family receiver ), put it this way if there was a issue on either of these boxes i'd be getting it right in the neck.

Stales
23-12-13, 00:31
I've flashed 5 different boxes today.
All on build 808 & only have access to 28.2.
Gigablue Quad, TM2T, TM Nano, ET4000 & VU Solo2.
None have this NA issue.

Can I ask why are you doing "a complete tuner rescan every time E2 restarts"? An ABM scan is enough as you only have access to 28.2.

As Sicilian says, I'd start with a fresh flash (no restore), then run ABM.
Shut down/restart... & then let us know if you have the same issue...

Hi, this is the point, an ABM scan does not solve the problem (which should not occur by the way in the first place), the channels still show as N/A, the only way to temporarily solve the issue is to do a complete rescan (auto or manual solves until E2 restart) which I have never had to do before. There is an obvious problem with either the image on VU+ Solo2, maybe VU+ general, or the image upgrade process. I will do a fresh install but I am sure I read on here that people have already tried this and to be honest it shouldn't be needed. I appreciate your help in this matter affecting many people.
Regards, Stales

Larry-G
23-12-13, 00:35
Hi, this is the point, an ABM scan does not solve the problem (which should not occur by the way in the first place), the channels still show as N/A, the only way to temporarily solve the issue is to do a complete rescan (auto or manual solves until E2 restart) which I have never had to do before. There is an obvious problem with either the image on VU+ Solo2, maybe VU+ general, or the image upgrade process. I will do a fresh install but I am sure I read on here that people have already tried this and to be honest it shouldn't be needed. I appreciate your help in this matter affecting many people.
Regards, Stales

our point is that we can not replicate your results so you ( and others with this issue ) are going to have to provide us with debug logs from the times you run ABM if were going to even start to track it down.

my self i run 8 receivers and my brother also has a duo, none of these receivers is showing this issue and they all use ABM to generate a sky uk bouquet daily.

Stales
23-12-13, 00:43
our point is that we can not replicate your results so you ( and others with this issue ) are going to have to provide us with debug logs from the times you run ABM if were going to even start to track it down.

my self i run 8 receivers and my brother also has a duo, none of these receivers is showing this issue and they all use ABM to generate a sky uk bouquet daily.

Ok, appreciate the problem, difficult to resolve a problem you can't replicate. I will rebuild and report back. The strange thing is ABM runs every night and there is never any issue the in the morning, it's like the box has become dependant upon a full manual or auto scan for some reason on every E2 restart. If there is any code changes that may impact this in the last month that can be looked into this would also help.
Thanks,
Stales

Sicilian
23-12-13, 00:46
Do a fresh re-flash and setup, do not restore any backups.

I've been updating a number of receivers and fresh flashed a number of receivers, totally un-able to replicate at this time.

judge
23-12-13, 00:50
an ABM scan does not solve the problem (which should not occur by the way in the first place), the channels still show as N/A, the only way to temporarily solve the issue is to do a complete rescan

And, I'm guessing here, but I'd think that might be your issue.
On a fresh flash, there is no need for a complete rescan.
Just run ABM. All 5 boxes I did today have been rebooted, E2 restarts, none have this issue.

scoobydoo
23-12-13, 02:15
Why not get a copy of stales's image backup to replicate the problem?

judge
23-12-13, 02:33
Why not get a copy of stales's image backup to replicate the problem?

No offence meant but I wouldn't ever use a back-up image unless it was my own.
The best way to sort this issue is to start from scratch with a base ViX image & then narrow down the differences we make.

mongo
23-12-13, 02:33
Do a fresh re-flash and setup, do not restore any backups.

I've been updating a number of receivers and fresh flashed a number of receivers, totally un-able to replicate at this time.

Why do we need to do a fresh re-flash without restoring any backup though??

Is this not the point in the settings backup??

A fresh re-flash without restoring any backup does solves the n/a issues, but I have been updating my solo2 for a very long time (8 months) without having to do a fresh flash of a new build and starting from scratch again.

I think the vix team maybe missing the point here.... Something has been updated since around the 800 build that is causing the n/a issues when doing an UPGRADE, not a fresh flash of a build

judge
23-12-13, 02:40
Why do we need to do a fresh re-flash without restoring any backup though??

To narrow down what might be causing the issue.
So far, no debug logs have been uploaded, everyone is using different configs...
Narrowing down the issue rather than guessing what you are restoring seems the best bet so far.

abu baniaz
23-12-13, 02:45
A similar issue was present a few weeks ago, "tune failed" coming up. I recall one of the senior guys saying that performing a conventional scan would overcome/avoid the issue. Pure speculation on my part, but may be related. Obviously unless someone posts the logs, very little for Andy/Rob/other coders to go on. As the Beta testers have not experienced the issue, then it would suggest that it is something that has got carried over.

Incidentally, I would have thought for those for whom any problem exists, not just this one, the basic thing to do is make a full backup image and save it. Start afresh with no restores and see if the problem recurs. If it does, post the logs and then go back to your image to avoid setting other things up. If it doesn't, then we know it is something corrupted in the previous settings. Delete the backup.

Rob van der Does
23-12-13, 05:37
That's not a very constructive post.
Hmm, I wonder why? IMHO preventing you from doing unnecessary work should be appreciated.

It would be more helpfull to give an explanation to why this anomaly is experienced.
Yeah, I would like to. But so far:
1- None of the complaints gives us a full (his)tory.
2- I haven't seen any logs at all
3- The whole ViX-team has been busy over the weekend trying to replicate this issue on a variety of boxes in a variety of setups. None of us succeeded.

In the meantime I'll continue to say which suggestions certainly don't help, whether you like that or not.

People reporting this issue should really provide us more info then 'it doesn't work' and 'you need to look into it'.

I would suggest to provide the following information.

What was the situation, when the N/A-issue occurred? Please tell us:

1- What triggered the issue? An ABM-run? If so, does a second run help?
2- Did rebooting the box (via the menu) help? Or did it cause the issue?
2- Which settings were in use? Installed from the feeds?
3- Was a user-satellites.xml located in etc/enigma2? Does it help if you simply delete this file (stop E2 first)?
4- Has the system-satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox been changed (one should never touch this file)?
5- Make sure to provide debuglogs.

Some backgrond info:
A- In general the N/A-issue happens on uploading settings. This occasionally happens since the day E2 was born. This stems from the fact that most of the time settings are uploaded to a live-system that holds the settings in memory. That's the reason one should first try to restart E2. And that's also the reason I have DreamSet configured to stop E2 before uploading my settings.

B- The satellite.xml is being maintained by us and will be updated on an online image update. Normally there is no need to create your own one, but if you do it should go to etc/enigma2

I do hope that you appreciate we put a lot of effort in this issue. But without being fed with all relevant information and (hence?) without being able to reproduce it ourselves it is impossible to fix anything.
So instead of grumbling about not being supported give us a fair chance to support you!

BTW:
1- We always look into all issues that are being reported.
2- Even if you provide all the info I requested, there is no guarantee that we can reproduce/fix anything. But at least it would give us a chance.

danivtec
23-12-13, 08:04
Had this again this morning on my duo 2 build. 808. Scan runs early hours each morning and upon turning box on no bouquets. I ran the bouquets plugin (by Lraizer) and rebooted the box. No bouquets present.

To fix I ran the inbuilt auto bouquets maker to scan which picked the bouquets up, then ran the Lraizer plugin and all is good.

Oddly my solo 2 doesn't seem to have this issue with the same setup.

The only thing different I can think of between the 2 is the solo 2 is set to scan at an earlier time just before midnight.

Rob van der Does
23-12-13, 08:15
Had this again this morning on my duo 2 build. 808.....
Sorry to see that you apparently didn't read my request before posting this.

danivtec
23-12-13, 08:18
Sorry to see that you apparently didn't read my request before posting this.

Rob

Yes saw your post, just thought I would add that I was suffering the issue aswell and are going through your suggestions at the moment.

Thanks for the pointers.

mongo
23-12-13, 08:40
I would suggest to provide the following information.

What was the situation, when the N/A-issue occurred? Please tell us:

1- What triggered the issue? An ABM-run? If so, does a second run help?
2- Did rebooting the box (via the menu) help? Or did it cause the issue?
2- Which settings were in use? Installed from the feeds?
3- Was a user-satellites.xml located in etc/enigma2? Does it help if you simply delete this file (stop E2 first)?
4- Has the system-satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox been changed (one should never touch this file)?
5- Make sure to provide debuglogs.

1. A full reboot or an enigma2 restart. Running ABM fixes the issue until you run you either do a full restart or restart enigma again.

2. It causes the issue

3. Not downloaded any settings, uploaded my own bouquets with dreamboxedit (v5.3.0)

4. No

5. Can't provide logs at this moment as I have done a fresh reflash (and solved the problem, so this really is of no concern to me now, but am gonna help anyway), but I have saved a full image before the n/a issues and after it happened. Will flash the backup image back again on 1 if my solo2's and get a log to you then do the same after it's been updated. ( can you direct me via a link on how to upload a log please?).

I do hope that you appreciate we put a lot of effort in this issue. But without being fed with all relevant information and (hence?) without being able to reproduce it ourselves it is impossible to fix

I appreciate that the vix team put in the effort and I really like this image, but something has changed in the image since around the 800 build to cause this. In my opinion it is not an ABM issue, it is when enigma2 is loaded.

Sicilian
23-12-13, 08:46
then ran the Lraizer plugin and all is good.

Why are you using both ViX Embedded AB and Lraizer's plugin?

Rob van der Does
23-12-13, 08:51
Thanks for reporting.
It looks like the settings are not being saved on stopping E2.

mongo
23-12-13, 09:04
Thanks for reporting.
It looks like the settings are not being saved on stopping E2.

Yeah I thought it was something like that.

I appreciate you need logs to look at things(I'm was in the software programming business in a previous job, different language tho). I have to goto work just now so will flash my backup later on.

Hopefully you'll get other useful replies later on.

danivtec
23-12-13, 09:05
Something has just occurred to me on what happened last night which may help. I don't have any debug logs yet as I cannot reproduce it this morning yet.

I was recording a program last night before going to bed and using my harmony to switch everything off. My box is set to deep standby on pressing the power button but as it was recording it comes up with the message on the vfd that a recording is in progress and do you want to shutdown yes or no. I usually hit no but didn't last night, just left it. When I got up this morning on the vfd it said 2 jobs running do you want to shutdown so hit yes and went into deep standby. Then turned everything on again and the problem was there. I also have a power timer setup to wake up for 10 minutes at 1.36am then go into deep standby so my bouquets are updated at 1.38am along with crossepg.

I will try and reproduce it with debug log but does this ring a bell with anyone having the issue?

As a side note a recording was taking place when my bouquets were being updated.

Rob van der Does
23-12-13, 11:03
As a side note a recording was taking place when my bouquets were being updated.
That is very likely your issue.
The bouquet in use is in memory (RAM) and hence can't be changed and thus giving issues.

Stales
23-12-13, 16:12
Hi,
I have just sent Debug log ref 1387811201.38 for my solo2 with the N/A issue. Will do fresh install to fix but though I'd send the log in the hope it will save others the trouble. Hope I've done it right as never used before.
Regards, Stales

danivtec
23-12-13, 18:24
Hi,
I have just sent Debug log ref 1387811201.38 for my solo2 with the N/A issue. Will do fresh install to fix but though I'd send the log in the hope it will save others the trouble. Hope I've done it right as never used before.
Regards, Stales

How did you reproduce this?

Tried to reproduce it by starting a recording the running auto bouquets and rebooted box but bouquets were fine.?

Stales
23-12-13, 18:31
How did you reproduce this?

Tried to reproduce it by starting a recording the running auto bouquets and rebooted box but bouquets were fine.?
Hi,
My issue has nothing to do with recordings. Basically any restart, full or E2, would lose the majority of channel names. Even running ABM again would not populate, would still show as N/A. The only temporary fix for me was to run a manual or auto channel scan and all channel names come back. If it crashed or had to restart it would lose them again and so on. So, I enabled debug log, restarted box and sent debug file (hope it is useful, I have no idea). Have now reflashed and set all setting manually and although painful, mine is fixed.
Regards, Stales

kielson
28-12-13, 12:14
Any updates on the issue. Did you manage to replicate the problem?

PS. having the same n/a channels issue.

danivtec
28-12-13, 12:56
Not been able to reproduce on mine again. Debug logs are turned on I case it happens again.

garyblas
28-12-13, 13:34
I still have the problem Every morning same issue but only a number of channels.

Once click on n/a channel it puts in channel name, and stays there till next day.

Going back to level 793 fixed issue

bluey2
29-12-13, 14:21
Hi Gary, yes, I was having exactly the same problems so I followed your advice and went back to 793 and all is well again!, thanks

garyblas
29-12-13, 16:27
I hope the team can fix this issue.... Not worth updating till fix found

Larry-G
29-12-13, 16:40
I hope the team can fix this issue.... Not worth updating till fix found

No one forces you to update, nor can every one replicate your issue, although it is being looked into.

garyblas
29-12-13, 18:01
cheers sure team will fix it enough people reported issue

abu baniaz
29-12-13, 18:14
cheers sure team will fix it enough people reported issue
With logs hopefully.

garyblas
30-12-13, 12:37
With logs hopefully.

How can you provide logs, as the system has not crashed?

abu baniaz
30-12-13, 13:18
Crash logs are generated when a crash occurs. Debug logs record everything that is going on. A reboot is required for debug logs to kick in.

mintimperial
10-03-14, 16:00
I have this same problem, every reboot, all channels are N/A until I either watch them or run an automatic scan of the satellite.

Running latest vix..was working fine as this is the first vix I've installed, but happened randomly after an overnight ABM update.

Any fix yet?

stevejd2001
10-03-14, 16:32
No one forces you to update, nor can every one replicate your issue, although it is being looked into.

ive replicated this error on solo , duo and solo2 so not isolated to box but to image build
earlier builds cure issue for all boxes

mintimperial
10-03-14, 17:02
so if i install an older build all will be well? Can i install an older build and then install my backup again or won't that work?

sorry new to vu+

abu baniaz
10-03-14, 17:48
If I remember correctly, this issue happened to people who upgraded image and restored settings.

A fresh flash with 808 with no restore of settings works fine.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ash888
10-03-14, 17:55
i did a fresh install without restoring previous settings and mine still has this issue.

Andy_Hazza
10-03-14, 20:26
I have a Solo2, Latest ViX Build (808) and use ABM and no n/a issues here. :p

mintimperial
10-03-14, 23:07
I did a fresh install out of the box from brand new!

It didn't do it on the first few updates overnight.

Larry-G
10-03-14, 23:45
while we appreciate you guys reporting issues you'r having it is worth remembering that ViX 3.0-808 is the last of it's line and wont be updated any further, most of these issues have already been sorted for the successor to ViX 3.0, so please continue to report any issues you may be having but dont worry too much about it.