PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Transcoding on a Quad

s1m0nw
17-12-13, 22:55
Hey there guys

As some of you may know I have recently acquired a Gigablue Quad.

Issue I am having is settiing up transcoding I have done the Following;

Router:-

Setup a DDNS account
Port forwarded 8001,8002,8003

Mobile:-

Vu+ player App;
Entered my local ip address
Entered DDNS address
PORT Number kept default
entered my username
entered my password

Checked no zap before streaming
Enable Transcoding on port 8002

The Error I get is stating that "channel may not be broadcasting or receiver cannot decode its contents or problem with stream process. Transcoding is in beta please use latest driver"

After a quick search on google can only find a guide based on blackhole image which has a transcoding plugin, I have to assume Vix has the same or something similar... is this true? I am wondering if I have to do something on my Quad to enable transcoding.

Cheers

Trying to get this working tonight as I am in for a Long quiet day tomorrow in work which is surprising considering am a heating engineer lol.

Rob van der Does
17-12-13, 23:00
GB does not support transcoding. VU has special hardware for that purpose.

s1m0nw
17-12-13, 23:09
Does it not. Well that sucks lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BubbleBalls
18-12-13, 01:26
Planned for the future, I believe.

Tapatalker

s1m0nw
18-12-13, 01:32
I seen that in one of the driver updates.... preparation for transcoding

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
18-12-13, 06:29
Then I'm very curious how this plan will be carried out without actual hardware support. No STB-SoC is capable of video-transcoding (the modern SoC's can be compared to a Pentium ll).
I presume this 'preparation' will be for the Quad-Plus.

marty
18-12-13, 07:07
GB say.

Yes by end of the year Transcoding of course will be implemented full

But they also said we would have GBLAN too earlier this year :p time will tell I suppose :)

Rob van der Does
18-12-13, 08:52
GB say.
But they also said we would have GBLAN too earlier this year :p time will tell I suppose :)
Well they managed that, at least partially, by adding hardware. So watch your mailbox :p

BubbleBalls
18-12-13, 09:45
The box was released in advance if the Duo2 and so there were a lot of issues as the release did seem somewhat rushed. Apart from that iffy start GB have been steadily updating and refining the box, just a lot slower than we would have liked.

Inbuilt GBLAN never materialised, though the USB adaptor improved things, so we might not see transcoding at all, as Rob says, but I still have faith in GB. With or without it, the Quad is top notch.

Tapatalker

dwarf
18-12-13, 09:50
Does the quad not have the same SoC as the solo2 ?and that can manage transcoding (well when Vu+ don't break the driver that is)

danivtec
18-12-13, 10:08
I think the solo 2 has a separate chip for transcoding if I am not mistaken.

Rob van der Does
18-12-13, 10:25
As I said before: a Pentium ll is not capable of video transcoding. At least not on the fly.
The VU's have added hardware to support the SoC in his area.
But as you say: they should provide proper drivers to be able to make use of the functionality......