PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Access harddrive of Vu Solo2 without transcoding?

Allthegearnoidea
16-12-13, 23:42
Hi all,

Looking for some help.

I want to know what my options are for accessing the harddrive from other rooms in the house?

I dont want to do it via transcoding (because I have struggled to make this work and want to be able to do it via HD).

If you give me your best reccomendations and why I would be greatful.

Many Thanks

Micromecca
16-12-13, 23:45
You could install Samba via Plugins and then access your HDD using Windows Networking.

craig37
17-12-13, 13:18
What vix build are you using and what system are you running on your PC's ? Windows 7 ? :rolleyes:

Allthegearnoidea
21-12-13, 23:00
I am running Windows Vista on my laptop (time for an upgrade soon!).

Anad the Vix Build is 789.

Many Thanks Stephen

craig37
21-12-13, 23:30
All you have to do is Change your workgroup names to the same . Running that build the default work group name on your box is "vix" Go to your computer control panel and go into system. Under one of the tabs you will see computer name and also work groups. Rename it to vix and restart your machine . Once restarted go to Network and you should be able to see you sat box and drive. If you update your build to 802 and above, I believe Andy Blanc has changed the default name to workgroup. So check what you work group name is on you pc and take it from there

Hope this helps

Oh and you have to have enabled samba on your box which is under menu>setup> system> network

abu baniaz
22-12-13, 01:40
I would suggest you change teh name of the workgroup on the satellite receiver instead.

From build 798, the default workgroup name has changed to match the majority of user's default workgroup name, i.e WORKGROUP instead of VIX. It can still be changed to whatever you want.

Rob van der Does
22-12-13, 05:55
....Anad the Vix Build is 789.

Hence moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

Allthegearnoidea
06-01-14, 22:25
Rob apologies I didnt think this query was a vix build query I thought it was just a general as it was my lack of knowledge rather than a system error. kind regards Steve

I'm afraid I need a bit more help, I can connect as described via wifi but it is very "laggy", is this likely to be due to the fact I am connecting via Wifi? The Vu solo is connected to the router via ethernet port.

I'll start a query form but I am assuming it isnt a Vix issue.... I guess the basic question is, "should I expect to be able to access a HD movie on my Vu Solo 2 without lag, or are my expectations unrealistic?"

Kind Regards
Stephen

craig37
06-01-14, 22:52
Mine will play HD as long as nothing else is on wifi.. I.E mobile phones etc, Plays SD no problem though