PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Mute/volume control not working on remote

gordyboy
15-12-13, 19:25
as per title no volume or mute buttons working on remote

Rob van der Does
15-12-13, 19:31
Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled? If so, disable it.

gordyboy
15-12-13, 20:46
hi I checked and its not enabled

pooface
15-12-13, 20:50
Try going through the web if and checking whether using the volume and mute buttons there do anything. If they do, then your remote is likely the cause... Is it one of the universal type vu remotes?! I remember reading somewhere about resetting them, but can't remember how to. Think phoenix posted how to somewhere...

gordyboy
15-12-13, 21:45
its an original vu+ duo remote tried through the web still no sound control that way

Larry-G
15-12-13, 21:50
To return the remote to a none configured state

1. Press 1 and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press 9 9 6.

pooface
15-12-13, 22:44
its an original vu+ duo remote tried through the web still no sound control that way

If still getting no sound change through web-if (ip address of remote in internet browser), then I'd recommend to take a backup, and image backup, reflash with latest available image, restore settings, and see if it works then. If not, try reflashing, and then setup fresh and see if it works then...

2. Press 9 9 6.

This will only work on the vu universal remotes (i.e. one that can control the tv), not one of the standard vu remotes (such as the original vu remote)

Sicilian
15-12-13, 22:48
This will only work on the vu universal remotes (i.e. one that can control the tv), not one of the standard vu remotes (such as the original vu remote)

What pheonix posted will work on the Duo2 remote also.

fizzz33
15-12-13, 22:50
Have you put the code in the remote for your TV?

pooface
15-12-13, 22:53
What pheonix posted will work on the Duo2 remote also.

I was talking about the original vu remotes, i.e. for the original duo etc... as op said duo remote, not duo 2 remote, so edged in side of caution...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sicilian
15-12-13, 22:54
I was talking about the original vu remotes, i.e. for the original duo etc... as op said duo remote, not duo 2 remote, so edged in side of caution...

Do the thread pre-fix's show on Tapatalk?

Larry-G
15-12-13, 23:02
Do the thread pre-fix's show on Tapatalk?

yes, although the mandatory questions dont.

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:14
still no joy after the suggestions. The remote was working fine up until latest build is it a bug? That's the question.

Larry-G
15-12-13, 23:16
all my Vu remotes still work fine on build 805, tested on duo, uno, ultimo, solo2.

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:16
just a question. We have been asked to report bugs with new images but how do you determine the bug with people running different receivers?

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:18
re all my Vu remotes still work fine on build 805, tested on duo, uno, ultimo, solo2.

Thats interesting as I havent done anything different other than install the new build same as any other build but this time with problems.

Think I will wait for the next update and see if it rectifies itself

Larry-G
15-12-13, 23:19
just a question. We have been asked to report bugs with new images but how do you determine the bug with people running different receivers?

you the user reports a bug and if others also report the same and the beta team can replicate with the same receiver / image we can confirm it as a bug.

Larry-G
15-12-13, 23:20
re all my Vu remotes still work fine on build 805, tested on duo, uno, ultimo, solo2.

Thats interesting as I havent done anything different other than install the new build same as any other build but this time with problems.

Try a direct flash first with settings restored and if it still does not work try without settings restored, sadly i cant test the duo2 as i dont have one.

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:21
just another question Is there ever a time when we will get to a stage whereby no more updates are needed? In otherwards everything goes sweet and someone says thats it? I am trying to understand why all the updates

cheers

Larry-G
15-12-13, 23:22

I literally 5 minutes ago updated my Uno from build 785 to 805 via a online update and the volume buttons are working perfectly, the other receivers were updated as soon as 805 wet live. see if you can reflash as per my above post and let us know what of any thing happen.

judge
15-12-13, 23:23
just another question Is there ever a time when we will get to a stage whereby no more updates are needed? In otherwards everything goes sweet and someone says thats it? I am trying to understand why all the updates

cheers

No, we're always pestering Andy with things we think might be good ideas...
If you are happy with a build, you can easily stick to that one.

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:24
yes i will but no big issue for me I used to flash with the old usb set up but much prefer online much less hassle

Larry-G
15-12-13, 23:25

cheers

There will never be a time when no more updates are produced unless we decide to cease support for that particular model. We are continually updating and improving things hence the number of updates.

We used to release only one or two updates a year and got a whole hell of a load of flack from our users who wanted updates as and when they were produced, thats why we have the current system where updates are released pretty much as soon a they are ready.

pooface
15-12-13, 23:25

As phoenix said. No problems here. Using Ultimo and Solo. So, unless it's a Duo2 specific problem. But imagine that Sicilian or Rob would've noticed this problem...

judge
15-12-13, 23:26
The only time I ever had this volume control issue was with a Solo2 & after setting a TV code.
I did a fresh flash, didn't restore settings & volume wouldn't work.
What pheonix points out below sorted it straight away.

2. Press 9 9 6.

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:26
would be good to know if duo users have the problem so that I can rule out the build

Sicilian
15-12-13, 23:29

cheers

You do not have to update. If you are happy with a particular build just turn off the update notification, just means if any new features are introduced you will not have use of them.

Trial
Hi,
Do you have downmix enabled?

Ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 4

Larry-G
would be good to know if duo users have the problem so that I can rule out the build

I dont mean to sound like a dick but if you mean Duo2 please say so ( even though the thread is titled duo2 ), otherwise it can become confusing as the Duo and Duo 2 are different receivers using different remote controls and remote control codes.

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:34
I have dolby digital/dts downmix Not enabled and AAC downmix enabled

Any problems with this?

tx

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:36
Problem solved I changed dolby digital/dts downmix to Enabled...............sorted

With the new builds these things appear so its good when users highlight the changes

tx

Larry-G
15-12-13, 23:36
both those options are active by default on my receivers with no problems.

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:38
could this be taken into consideration for future new builds to make them active by default?

Larry-G
With the new builds these things appear so its good when users highlight the changes

tx

Thats exactly why we ask for users to submit bug reports when they encounter them.

Larry-G
could this be taken into consideration for future new builds to make them active by default?

mine are....

gordyboy
15-12-13, 23:40
there you go then its worked bug logged a few emails here and there and sorted and a suggestion for later builds.

Rob van der Does
16-12-13, 03:46
1- Downmix is always enabled by default.
2- Whether downmix is on or off, the mute-function does always work. As you reported mute to be not functioning either, you put us on the wrong foot.
3- You might have told us that using the volume buttons the volume bar on the screen did show, but the volume itself didn't react.

You see how important it is to provide as much info as possible?

gordyboy
16-12-13, 10:37
next time i will go through the whole process from switching the tv on

pooface
16-12-13, 12:08
next time i will go through the whole process from switching the tv on

If you provide more information, and most importantly concise information, then that does help.

So, in the future, please do :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gordyboy
16-12-13, 12:32
thanks just to say that when I changed the dolby/digital downmix from No to Yes it solved the problem of the remote mute/volume but I had to revert back to having it disabled as it knocked out my dolby function on my amp. Back to square one.

Trial
16-12-13, 12:48
Hi,
volume keys DO NOT WORK when there is a DD/DTS stream and downmix is disabled. This is normal behavior and cannot be changed.

ciao

gordyboy
16-12-13, 13:10
thanks but i dont understand. I havent changed anything but the new build has obviously made a change to the remote functionality via modifications within the build. What change in the build could have done this.

Any other vu+ duo users out there who could confirm remote issues?

pooface
16-12-13, 13:29
As trial said, that is the intended way of Dolby digital/dts... If it it's not dd/dts audio output, then the volume buttons will change. If it it's, you will need to change the volume with your amp/tv remote...

Rob van der Does
16-12-13, 13:49
But all the same: the mute-button should work in all cases. According to OP's opening post this was not the case.

Trial
16-12-13, 14:38
Hi,
perhaps he trained his remote for the TV then mute will also not work for the STB.

To make it clear: If you want to watch a film and select DD/AAC/DTS without downmix on you will not be able to set the volume at the STB and you never were able to do it!

ciao

gordyboy
16-12-13, 15:31
i wonder what the point is of having the dd/aac functionality if like me I am unable to use it? If I enable it no dd through my amp

pooface
16-12-13, 17:57
i wonder what the point is of having the dd/aac functionality if like me I am unable to use it? If I enable it no dd through my amp

You would then control the volume through your amp rather than the box. Turn volume right down on receiver, then turn over to a normal tv channel... Will blast your head off....

Trial
16-12-13, 21:29
Hi,
btw. for the quality of sound it is even better when you let the volume of the STB at 100% and only control volume at TV/AVR.

ciao

Rob van der Does
16-12-13, 21:38
There is absolutely no limitation in the use of AC3/DTS. And there never has been.

dannydigital3000
03-11-16, 11:38
Excellent post - fixed my issue immeadiately. :thumbsup:

dannydigital3000
03-11-16, 11:40
Excellent post - fixed my issue immediately. :thumbsup:

2. Press 9 9 6.[/QUOTE]