PDA

View Full Version : Twin Tuners vbox positioner

hummer66
15-04-10, 15:56
Whats the best way to setup vu+ to vbox positioner tun:confused:er 1 or 2 to control the dish?

grtmoby
15-04-10, 15:58
i would say, it doesn't make a difference but personally i would prefer to connect it to tuner 1. may be some how it has a priority or so

grtmoby
15-04-10, 16:07
Sorry no "Edit" utton for me:

I found this on another forum and thought might be useful

spent a lot of time on my VU+ this week end, trying to get the V box to work with the VU+, as tunner A, and a diasque motor running on tunner B

looks like I have finally sussed it, (most likely going the long route)

full posting on this, once I have completed the task

but on a V box...in tuner config (tuner A) USALS needs to be set to "no" and in its place, the V box number for the sat in question, ie; 028 = 28 east
then go to positioner setup,...select tune,...select 28 east...man transponder then go to fine movement (search west east the dish takes off almost)
and nudge the dish to its position, save

then scan in 28 east (i avioded a downloaded list...more on that later)

then back to tuner config,...add 19 east

REBOOT the unit

then repeat,...but at the end..add 13 east reboot afterwards + repeat

as said...most likely the long route, but it works

UPDATE

once the v box is working, set all wanted sats up in the tuner A config, ( each sat set to 13/9/5 east or what ever, then reboot, then find the sats in positioner config, saving each sat at 13/9/5 east or what ever ....then do a multy sat scan (still very likely the long way round)

Thanks goes to Basilyoung

Sicilian
15-04-10, 16:09
Has your vbox been previously setup for positions etc.. with another receiver?

You would set the tuners per the attached screenshot, changing the longitude and latitude to suit where you are. The VU+ Duo will then send the appropriate signals to the vbox to move your dish providing you have stored the satellite positions in your vbox.

EDIT: Checkout grtmoby's post above.