PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Sources] OpenTV Sky 28.2 title populated but descriptions missing for Sky's own channels

andyking35
15-12-13, 00:27
I've been using the OpenTV Sky 28.2 source with CrossEpg for over a year and it has worked absolutely fine.

However, I've noticed recently that descriptions are not being populated for Sky's own channels (Sky Atlantic, Living and Sky 1).

The titles are populated but the descriptions are empty and it only seems to occur for programs broadcast between 8pm and 12am.

I've reinstalled Vix and setup everything from scratch to no avail. Seems to be an OpenTV problem.

Has anyone come across and fixed this?

I've tried using a xmltv source but the descriptions are too long and ugly. Is there another source?

judge
15-12-13, 00:42
Yeah, noticed the same myself on SKY Living HD, sometimes a re-download of EPG fixes the issue.
Using a current build, it's only 2 steps away. Blue button -> CrossEPG Downloader.

satcat
16-12-13, 19:57
what build you lads using? one of my mates as same problem using 774,, i,m still using a earlier build (not sure which as i,m out) but mine is working fine..!! cheers satcat

craig37
16-12-13, 20:54
Run auto bouquets scan Menu> setup> service searching> auto bouquets> and start scan.... Then run crossepg update . Would advise you guys updating to the latest image first.

andyking35
16-12-13, 21:24
what build you lads using? one of my mates as same problem using 774,, i,m still using a earlier build (not sure which as i,m out) but mine is working fine..!! cheers satcat

I'm running 793. Will try upgrading to latest but it was happening to me on a previous version and had hoped the upgrade to 793 would fix it.

What build are you using?

andyking35
16-12-13, 21:26
Run auto bouquets scan Menu> setup> service searching> auto bouquets> and start scan.... Then run crossepg update . Would advise you guys updating to the latest image first.

What's the reason for running the auto boquet scan?

If I run the cross epg manually then it does put in the descriptions for the following day. However, I then have to manually remove any timers picked up by the autotimer as they cache empty descriptions.

craig37
16-12-13, 21:45
ABM works independently of channel lists and satellites.xml files as it grabs its data from the satellite feed.. Also double check in EPG in open tv that you only have astra ticked