PDA

View Full Version : Quad LNB, Two Receivers, Watching different channels on 2 satellites.

Sanjhere
14-12-13, 17:22
Hello All,

I need some advice please . . . again.

I am a newb . . . err novice still.

I am helping my brother in outlaw with his satellite system.

Originally I suggested a quad lnb for two receivers as advised on here but my brother in law has asked that if he wants to watch 19.2 but my mother in outlaw wants to watch 28.2, will the quad lnb work because obviously the dish will move . .

Ideally what he wants is an independent tuner that he can focus on whatever satellite he wants whilst keeping 28.2 on the secondary receiver. I hope this makes sense as my head hurts.

I then need to contact Stef for the receivers, lnb(s) and dish pack.

As always, all help and advice gratefully received.

Thank you
Sanj

abu baniaz
14-12-13, 18:00
Does he have a motorsied dish?
Is it just a mini dish, or a large dish with more than one lnb or more than one dish?

The quad lnb will only focus on one satellite that it is pointed to.

Sanjhere
14-12-13, 18:05
Hello Abu,

Sorry . . more information will help. . .totally new set up.

He wants a motorised dish but when the mother in law is watching Zee or Star plus . . can he still watch other satellites off the quad lnb or does he need to rethink how he can watch whatever channel or satellite he wants.

He was hoping for a 97cm motorised dish setup. Off the one dish preferably . .

Sorry missed your point on the quad lnb . . so a multi lnb holder might be in order . .

abu baniaz
14-12-13, 18:41
Get a sky mini dish with a quad LNB.
Also get a motorised dish with a single LNB. Get a Diseqc switch.

Combine one output of 28.2 mini dish with motorised dish using diseqc switch. Will result in one cable going to one receiver with motorised as well as 28.2. Other three outputs of mini dish can go wherever you want.

Sanjhere
14-12-13, 18:57
Hello Abu,

Thank you for that. Is there no other way just using one dish? I do have a mini dish in the garden so worse case I can suggest that but I think he wants just the one dish.

abu baniaz
14-12-13, 19:03
He can have just the one dish but he will be restricted in which satellites he can view. 13/19/28 will be a definite yes.

Sanjhere
14-12-13, 19:52
Hello Abu,

Thank you for that. I will pass that on.

Is that with a quad or a multiple lnb holder or both?

abu baniaz
14-12-13, 20:04
A quad LNB is essentailly 4 lnbs focussed on one sat. You can have a multi-lnb setup using quad LNBs. As your main concern is 28.2, this needs to be a quad. If there is no interest in having other sats being received on other receivers, then the lnbs being focussed on those sats can be single.

My setup is motorsied and mini dish.

Sanjhere
14-12-13, 22:47
Thank you Abu.

I will pass the info onto him and he can then decide what route he wants to take.

Appreciate it.
Sanj