PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] DUO2 stuck on VIX screen

tomos
14-12-13, 01:37
Hi,

Could do with some help, I was trying out some different skins (I think the last one I tried was Matrix HD), there was an option to restart the GUI (I think) it re start but my box is now stuck on the "openvix" start up screen, what options do I have to fix this problem, can i restore a backup somehow or do I need to reflash the box?

P.s I had earlier updated the box to the latest vix
Thanks in advance

Tom.

Larry-G
14-12-13, 02:01
If you have previously used the online update option a settings backup would have been created by default, simply reflash your receiver and when asked to during the first setup wizard select yes to restore this backup.

you can find a flashing tutorial in the guides section on www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk).

P.S 3 does not correlate to a valid ViX build, the image is version 3.0 followed by a 3 digit build number, for example 3.0-802, it is this three digit number we ask for in the mandatory questions. you can find this by going to menu> information> about.

judge
14-12-13, 02:02
'Latest ViX' really means nothing, especially if you don't add the build number properly when opening the thread.
I'd try FTP'ing into the box & delete any added skins, should then reboot into the default skin.

tomos
14-12-13, 11:16
Just a quick thank you to judge and Pheonix for the help, I went for the FTP solution it worked instantly as soon as I deleted the "skin", sorry for the lack of information but for any future posts I submit how do I find my version number if the box is stuck on the on the"openvix" start up screen.

Thanks again

Tom.

Larry-G
14-12-13, 13:57
for any future posts I submit how do I find my version number if the box is stuck on the on the"openvix" start up screen.

Thanks again

Tom.

In those situations your obviously not going to be able to post version numbers and thats fine, but we have a lot of users who are not posting this info hence why we keep reminding users, so dont worry about it.

any hoo congrats on getting your issue resolved.