PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Support question AutoBouquetsMaker Providers List is blank...

baluba
13-12-13, 16:54
Bear with me...

Complete Newbie asks, why would the list of providers for ABM be blank ? And possibly related to this ABM>start scan> says "Please first setup, in configuration".

Am making my way carefully through set-up for the very first time as only received GB Quad yesterday with OpenVix latest version 3.0+. I am using <http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide> but only as a guide and trying to use ABM to make it a little easier. I don't do Linux and this appears very complicated to me … which is why I am here.

Any ideas where I am going wrong with this …

thanks

b

abu baniaz
13-12-13, 17:04
Have you setup your tuners?

baluba
13-12-13, 17:26
Abu,
thanks for the response…you mean have I scanned the tuners via Service Searching>Automatic Scan ?
I have done that 3 times, its seems to default to DVB-T tuner only and goes to 100% and then hangs …Scanning without offering a green to Save or OK which is why I repeated it again.
Is this the correct step ?

thanks

Larry-G
13-12-13, 17:35
How are your tuners setup ?.

Menu> setup> service searching> Tuner configuration.

also look in the tutorials section of www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk) for a ABM setup guide.

abu baniaz
13-12-13, 17:37
ABM only lists the providers that your receiver can use.

You do not need to scan, just make sure that your tuner config has the correct config for your setup.
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration

For just 28.2, it should be set to simple, single, 28.2

baluba
13-12-13, 18:34
Thanks again Abu and Phoenix,

I have looked at the ABM tutorial and I have followed it as close as I can and yet I still am left with a blank providers list.

The following are my tuner configs.

Tuner A: DVB-C enabled
Tuner B: DVB-C enabled
Tuner C: DVB-S2 Single Sats nothing connected

Tuner D: DVB-C/T enabled - Terrestrial Provider Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-T Frequencies

the tuner configs > tuner settings - have long lists of Scan EU UHF some of which are yes and some no but the Tuner Type is DVB-C and Config. Mode enabled.

Quoting from the tutorial cited above:

"My receivers tuners are only configured for 28.2, 28.4 East so I will only be presented with the option of the providers that use this location, ( Sky uk, Freesat and Sky Ireland ). ABM will only present you with setup options for satellites contained within your tuner configuration.
I am setting my receiver up for Sky uk, I still however need to setup my freesat options too, and if I wish to receive the Ireland only channels such as setanta sports I also need to select a area for Ireland / northern Ireland too."

This is where I am lost - how do I know if they are configured this way or whatever way - remember this is out of the box this afternoon only. Yesterday I was watching Freesat on my TV with the same cable. The only difference is I put the splitter on provided by Dish installer to give me the DVB-T and two for the built-in DVB-Cs.

Frankly, if I only got the same Freesat channels at this stage I would be happy,

Any ideas ?

b

Larry-G
13-12-13, 18:43
Thats likely your issue as ABM is foe satellite not cable or terrestrial.

baluba
13-12-13, 19:10
P,

Indeed that might explain some but only part of the problem. Then should I forget about ABM ? And what about
bouquets generally and the two built in sat. tuners ? I bought the box to integrate Sat and Terrestrial in one
box/remote essentially. I need a bouquet anyway don't I ? And therefore, a work around of course …

I am never going to be a power-user, I have modest needs in terms of channels, a max of 10-12 - 4 local
(DVB-T) and 8 Freesat (DVB-S) all with a PVR and EPG and some other welcome but surplus features.

Any ideas ?

b

Larry-G
13-12-13, 19:13
Virtually no one produces premade bouquets for terrestrial users, going by your above post you dont have the satellite tuners setup so you would need to remedy that if you want to receive channels from freesat / sky uk.

Andy_Hazza
13-12-13, 20:20
when you scanned the channels via ABM, did you reboot your box?

baluba
13-12-13, 22:07
P,

Since your post and seeing that ABM doesn't work with terrestrial signals (?), I decided to switch things around to see if it makes a difference as every time I went to Tuner Configs, I noticed what when I selected the Tuner A and B (both DVB-S2), it kept defaulting to Tuner D (DVB-T).

So I changed the free feed [NOT from the splitter which is Sat.+Terr. feed] into the back of box and put the into the redundant [until now unused] Tuner C DVB S/S2 (which was added by WoS as part of the orig. purchased config.)

Then it worked but only for the terrestrial channels. So I am only a little less confused with what is happening now. It appears that the two built in tuners [A+B] are not seeing anything but when I have the feed in the DVB S/S2 added slot am I am only able to get the DVB-T to see anything.

I am still working it out clearly with trial and error. But any input or suggestions here would be welcome,

thanks

b

abu baniaz
13-12-13, 23:20
Please post a picture of your tuner configuration. You can nter IP address of receiver in your web browser, on left hand side you will see "grab screenshot" after clicking this, you will see scrrenshot OSD on middle o screen. This will allow you to OSD picture to your PC. If instaed you use a camera, make sure you have clothes on!

Also.

What receiver do you have?
How many satellite tuners do you have?
Also explain how many cables from lnb you have.
Are there any junctions/splitters/combiners etc. If yes, do you know what type?

Is your terestrial tuner on the receiver ot a USB one?

Rob van der Does
14-12-13, 06:12
On creating this thread you should have filled in the header that is asking you for support/bug and build-number. Maybe you used a tablet not showing these?
Anyway: I changed the subject accordingly.
Please state your build-number, as 'the latest' is not a number.

Emulated
14-12-13, 10:28
[QUOTE=abu baniaz;256114]Please post a picture of your tuner configuration. You can nter IP address of receiver in your web browser, on left hand side you will see "grab screenshot" after clicking this, you will see scrrenshot OSD on middle o screen. This will allow you to OSD picture to your PC. If instaed you use a camera, make sure you have clothes on!

I think the last sentence is open for discussion. In my opinion it depends if Baluba is male or female, what age and build.