PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Mounting NAS directory and playing files

RobS
12-12-13, 23:50
Got my Vu+ Duo2 today. It's been a long time since I played with linux boxes (last one was a Dreambox 500) so forgive the fact that I'm a complete newbie.

I want to access mkv and avi files on my NAS drive and play them on the Duo2. I've read a few threads about mounting the network location but it doesn't seem to work. The thing is though I'm not sure what I should be looking for or what should happen once I've done everything right. Is there a guide to this anywhere, I haven't found one? If not, can anyone give me a few quick step by steps?

If not I'll try to post a more thorough explanation of what I've tried so far tomorrow morning.

judge
13-12-13, 01:00
Have a look at http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/
If you have any issues after reading the relevant ones, let us know.

RobS
13-12-13, 13:39
Thanks for your reply. I have sorted the problem now and I'll post how I did it for the reference of others later (supposed to be working now!). I'm not sure any of the tutorials would have helped me to be honest, but thanks for posting them as I'm sure I'll have more problems in the coming days.

RobS
04-01-14, 15:11
The solution was as follows.

Setup > System >Network > Mounts > Mount Manager
Add New Mount

Options should be:

Mount using: FSTAB
Active: Yes
Local Share Name: -don't think this matters-
Mount Type: CIFS Share
Server IP: -"IP address of your NAS drive"
Server share: "Name of your NAS drive's root directory
Use as HDD replacement: I haven't played with this yet, but left it as "no"
Mount Options: Left this as default
Username: put the login of your NAS
Password: put the password of your NAS

You should then be able to use file explorer to navigate to the NAS drive and all subfolders.

Having set this up I've played maybe 15 mkv files through the Vu+ Duo2 and all have worked perfectly with image and DTS/AC3 sound.

Hope this proves useful to someone.

Assee
24-02-14, 20:31
Hi All,

I am not sure if i am update the correct thread.
The above two procedure have workin fine on vu+ duo vix image.
BUt iam unable to mount on TM nano, using either one of them. It has vix 3.0 image.
please help.

thanks