PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering

Emulated
12-12-13, 11:23
I have a Gigablue Quad with 2 tuners I purchased at the beginning of June 2013. I was packed away for 2 months whilst I redecorated. I want to settle down with a set receiver so I can learn all the ins and outs of the setup. Thinking of getting a Duo 2 but depends on how much I would get for the Gigablue.

Mr. Mister
12-12-13, 11:53
6 month old.. So only 6 month warrenty left.. Although i have never had a problem with any od my Quads.. So not a big worry..

Any HDD in the Quad.. ??

Id value it at £180-190..

Emulated
12-12-13, 12:10
No hdd and thanks for the price. I will stick it on Gumtree and see if it sells at £185.

seame
12-12-13, 13:39
6 month old.. So only 6 month warrenty left..

I thought these boxes came with a two year warranty? When buying my quad that was one of the things that sold it for me. I've checked the sponsors website but can't find any info regarding warranty although other dealers are advertising two years.

Emulated
12-12-13, 14:17
I got mine from Red Apple and just checked it came with a 2 year warranty.

Larry-G
13-12-13, 12:14
I thought these boxes came with a two year warranty? When buying my quad that was one of the things that sold it for me. I've checked the sponsors website but can't find any info regarding warranty although other dealers are advertising two years.

In the UK you'r only entitled to 12 months warranty although that can be extended at the grace of the supplier, in Germany it's 24 months by law.

Emulated
13-12-13, 12:35
Not if it is advertised for sale with a 2 year warranty otherwise I will contact Red Apple and tell them I was misled.

Larry-G
13-12-13, 12:49
Not if it is advertised for sale with a 2 year warranty otherwise I will contact Red Apple and tell them I was misled.

As i said in the uk your only legally entitled to 12 months unless the retailer decides to extend this, they have advertised the fact that their providing 2 years so it is 2 years.

Larry-G
13-12-13, 12:52
As i said in the uk your only legally entitled to 12 months unless the retailer decides to extend this, they have advertised the fact that their providing 2 years so it is 2 years.

Another thing to point out here is that once you the original owner sells the item, the retailer is no longer legally entitled to provide any warranty for the item, you can check with trading standards if you dont believe me.

Emulated
13-12-13, 13:34
I will contact the seller and see if the guarantee is transferable. If it is I will buy my new box from them because merchants who go beyond the norm are worth supporting, even if the price is a bit more.

Larry-G
13-12-13, 13:47
World-of-satellite.co.uk always goes above and beyond in support of his customers, I was just pointing out that some suppliers wont always honor a warranty if they dont have to.

seame
13-12-13, 15:50
I'm still not sure if world of satellite offer a one or two year warranty but it doesn't bother me either way as their service is top notch. I had a problem with my box which was my fault, so they were under no obligation to fix it, but they were more than helpful in sorting it out for me. So the next time I buy a box i'll be going straight to them.

Emulated
13-12-13, 17:07
I am not doubting what you are saying but if I am selling my Gigablue it is better if I can get the 2 year warranty transferred.

richf176
13-12-13, 17:29
Has box just got any extra plug+play tuners or just the 2 satellite tuners

Emulated
13-12-13, 18:16
The 2 sat tuners.

Emulated
13-12-13, 19:55
World-of-satellite.co.uk always goes above and beyond in support of his customers, I was just pointing out that some suppliers wont always honor a warranty if they dont have to.

I would use WoS as they are the forum sponsors but I can transfer the 2 year warranty on my existing box if I buy the new one from the supplier of the Gigablue. No price difference.