PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo2 Config

Del6600
12-12-13, 01:23
Hi,
I am about to jump in and update my Vu+ Duo to a new Duo2. What I would like to know is can I use my backup settings from the old box and use on the new box. I have spent many hours setting up my BH image with my own settings, Picons etc. I realise it will come with the latest BH image but does this include e.g. Catseye E2 or Vhannibal E2 settings pre loaded? These are fine but require a lot of editing to filter out all the none working channels + I can only get 28.2E to 30.0W so a lot of sats not required hence I now have developed my own settings (approx 10,000 channels). If possible to use old settings great if not no problem I will have to start again.
Del

Larry-G
12-12-13, 01:26
you can backup your custom bouquets using Dremabox edit or any similar bouquet management tool.

Mr. Mister
12-12-13, 01:47
All your settings should be compatable with your Duo2..

Bouquets.. cfg files.. picons .. etc etc etc..

AJT
12-12-13, 18:32
Hi,
I am about to jump in and update my Vu+ Duo to a new Duo2. What I would like to know is can I use my backup settings from the old box and use on the new box. I have spent many hours setting up my BH image with my own settings, Picons etc. I realise it will come with the latest BH image but does this include e.g. Catseye E2 or Vhannibal E2 settings pre loaded? These are fine but require a lot of editing to filter out all the none working channels + I can only get 28.2E to 30.0W so a lot of sats not required hence I now have developed my own settings (approx 10,000 channels). If possible to use old settings great if not no problem I will have to start again.
Del

yes i restored mine from solo2 to duo2.

Del6600
12-12-13, 23:51
Great replies, this will save a lot of time I do not have. I have been putting off getting a Duo2 for the last 2 months because of the time involved setting up.
Need to get the plastic out.
Cheers guys. :D

judge
13-12-13, 00:57
If you're restoring settings from another box, remember settings like machine name, IP address... will also be restored, so could cause problems on your network.
A new box, I'd set-up from scratch, when you get used to doing it, it really shouldn't take that long.