PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] N/a in bouquet list

Bradleybear
12-12-13, 00:33
Hi folks
Some of my channels are listed as n/a in the bouquet lists. A reflash has not cured it. I run auto scan in service searching and this finds all channels, but on a full restart it goes back to having missing channel names. This is frustrating as it won't populate epg for the n/a channels either. Auto bouquet also does nothing. Been like this for 2 days, am running 800 build at mo. I can't think of anything I have done as a catalyst for this. I am pulling my hair out. I only have tsmedia installed as an extra. Nothing else.

Please help!!!!!

judge
12-12-13, 00:41
No need to pull your hair out, better off opening the thread in the correct section, as you are using build 800, presume you mean ViX?
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!&p=250329&viewfull=1#post250329
If you tune to those channels for a few seconds, does the channel name fix itself?

Bradleybear
12-12-13, 00:50
Title doesnt change but the epg now/next populates. Not sure whether its image related or hardware.

judge
12-12-13, 01:01
'epg now/next populates' looks like EPG changes from the service provider.
Try rebooting & re-downloaing EPG.
Also, the more info you finally provide here, the better. Image, build, EPG sources, sats used, sats available...

Rob van der Does
12-12-13, 06:38
Moved to the correct section; please read http://www.world-of-satellite.com/announcement.php?f=298

As for your issue: that sometimes does happen. Usually a satellite scan or re-installing the settings helps. If that doesn't help, I'm lost.

Bradleybear
12-12-13, 08:31
I have reinstalled settings from feeds on 28,2e, this populates the bouquet list fine. But on a restart some go back to n/a. I tried lraizers abm plugin, which actually populated the bouquets correctly, but the epg then doesn't align to the channels.

Trial
12-12-13, 10:01
Hi,
are you sure that channel scan with delete of old channel finds all channel? n/a is a sign that a channel is in a bouquet but not in the "all" list.

ciao

Rob van der Does
12-12-13, 10:12
Good remark!

TK4|2|1
12-12-13, 15:30
I get the same. The epg data is ok but channel name is n/a. If I tune to that channel it corrects n/a to the channel name. I only use the vix auto bouquet maker for $ky uk and $ky Italia, and it happens on both. I upgraded to build 802 this morning.
Rescanning AB doesn't correct it either.

Bradleybear
12-12-13, 21:22
This is a definite bug. I have tried many different combinations, all no success. I have had to revert back as far as build 770 and it's all working fine. There are four people at least reporting this bug, so will await further developments before proceeding with future updates.

abu baniaz
12-12-13, 21:46
Are you using any other bouquets/settings files?
If yes, from feeds or transferred using Dreamset/Dreamboxedit etc?
Also, what do you mean you have reinstaleld settings for 28.2 from feeds?

There was a remark a few weeks ago to perform a conventional scan to avoid similar issue, may even be same issue. If this is the same thing, obviously it is not ideal so root cause needs to be investigated and fixed instead of working around. Has anybody got logs of when this has happened?

By the way I am using TM Twin, build 802 now and Lraizers plugin. The epg/chanenls line up and always have. Once in a while the receiver locks up with a tune failed and N/A message for 28.2 which I attribute to hardware fault. Reboot and all's well.

Bradleybear
12-12-13, 23:46
Had tried using the built in abm on vix, and de-selected keep the bouquets (so it wrote a fresh set). Then, if I did a restart/or restart gui, it would 'lose' lots of channel descriptors. Channel Number would be there, and I could zap to the channel, but no EPG info was displaying, and dvb service was displayed on the vfd of the box, with n/a displayed in the bouquet lists.
I tried using vix 28.2 e e2 settings from plugins, this suffered the same fate. Initially the channels populated, but on restart they were lost again.

I have been running 770 all night now testing various abm updates/resarts, and it behaves as it should do, on this build.

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 06:24
None of our testers has been able to replicate this. That means that it is impossible to 'fix' anything at all.

I can only say that in general this does sometimes happen and can be cured by reboot/rescan/reinstall settings.

Trial
13-12-13, 09:10
Hi,
a reason could be that the LOF of your LNB is not correct anymore which has the effect that a channel on 12.633 (only example) is found at 12.630 at your system. Could you check some frequencies you can watch at lyngsat? If this would be the case it could be fixed by changing LOF by a few MHz in the STB.

ciao

tomthebomb1968
13-12-13, 13:13
I had the same N/A showing on my solo2 after running ABM last Saturday. As mentioned just changing to the channel for a second or 2 populated the names. I ran ABM immediately on my duo2 to see what happened but it was fine. Didn't do any more fiddling with the solo2 and all was fine again by Sunday when I checked again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

scoobydoo
13-12-13, 14:49
Have you fixed this yet?

TK4|2|1
13-12-13, 15:13
Hi,
a reason could be that the LOF of your LNB is not correct anymore which has the effect that a channel on 12.633 (only example) is found at 12.630 at your system. Could you check some frequencies you can watch at lyngsat? If this would be the case it could be fixed by changing LOF by a few MHz in the STB.

ciao

So your saying on my two dishes, two different lnb's the local oscillator is out on both?? Don't think so.

Sent by pressing buttons.

scoobydoo
13-12-13, 15:35
I've replied to another post about this. The fix i did for this, apart from reflash and not using your setting backup wich nobody wants to do is..

delete satellite.xml
delete all you satellites within your bouquets (up or down button then green button)
Reboot (if you don't reboot it doesn't work)
load a new satellite.xml
rescan satellites

and your done. You may need to enter all your tuner settings.
do a new settings backup because if you use an old one it will revert back..

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 16:17
Not sure what you 'fixed' now: you made a mess of it .......

BTW: If you only use ABM no user-file satellites.xml is needed at all. The system-file (in etc/tuxbox) is fine and kept up-to-date by us.

scoobydoo
13-12-13, 16:31
There's no need to be rood van.
made a mess of what exactly. And if you have a better idea please share with every one.
And as I've previously said this is nothing to do with vix or ABM.
Please remove my post if you don't like it and let people go around in circles for the rest of the week

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 16:42
What you suggested is a complicated way and mix up of other suggestions; that's why I call it a mess.
And as you say: this is a general E2 issue, that sometimes pops up.

And where did you put the satellites.xml?

scoobydoo
13-12-13, 17:09
satellite.xml needs to be replaced with the latest downloaded version.
If there's a less messy way of doing it than I'm all ears, but there has been no other sergestion that has worked and people are getting stressed about there system not working correctly and blaming ABM and updates.

I've tried all different combination of this and nothing works if you just replace .xml or just rescan satellites you go round in circles on your next reboot
If there's a more geeky way than I'm all ears but untill then I will stick with the messy way.

abu baniaz
13-12-13, 17:20
Also, can someone elaborate on what they mean by settings? Are we referrning to the channel settings on the feeds or are we referring to restoring settings that were created prior to image upload.

Don't mean to stir, just to point out a possible cause of misunderstanding.

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 17:56
satellite.xml needs to be replaced with the latest downloaded version.
No.
The satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox is a systemfile and is kept up to date by us (via an online image update). A systemfile should never be touched.
If you use ABM no user file satellites.xml (in etc/enigma2) is needed at all.

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 17:59
If you do want to use a (user file) satellites.xml make sure to get one from a reliable source. We recommend http://satellites-xml.org/

scoobydoo
13-12-13, 18:03
Think I said about settings twice in the post. First half I said about if you restore your old backup of you settings (system restore) it will just put the bug back. At the end of the post I said you may have to re enter your tuner settings so you may want to right them down,
Because as above a system restore will bring back the bug..

Do a system backup

Delete satellite.xml

Delete all satellites within bouquets ( up or down button then green button)

Reboot system

Replace satellite.xml with the latest downloaded version

Rescan satellites

Check you settings within tuner configuration

Do a system backup

I think the problem is that on boot all setting are backed up then if you update .xml ect on a flash update or manuel update then a reboot will revert back to the everything that was backed up on the last boot.
I may be wrong.

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 18:08
So I ask again: where do you locate the satellites.xml.
And it's not clear to me if you read (and understood) my comment.

What you do is nothing else then what is done by a settings upload (if done properly). So not sure what bug you're talking about ......

scoobydoo
13-12-13, 18:28
I feel this is being made more complicated than it really is...

location for satellite.xml is ect/tux box

When I said bug I was referring to the problem highlighted in this posts tittle.

Please every one do nothing I've said i totally give up. All i tried to do was give some help to a problem that nobody had a solution to..

I really do think I'm hitting my head against a wall. Please let us all know the way to fix this then Rob the Un messy way..

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 18:44
location for satellite.xml is ect/tux box
This is exactly what I was afraid for. So again:
1- there is a satelites.xml in etc/tuxbox; this is a systemfile that should never be touched. And if you do: it will be overwritten again on any next systemupdate.
2- there can be a satellites.xml in etc/enigma2. If that file exists it has precedence over the above mentioned system-file. This is a user-file, and it will never be overwritten. So if you feel the need for the use of such a file, locate it there.

Next: the satellites.xml is only being used for scanning, not for tuning. So whatever tuning problem you might encounter, it can never be related to satellites.xml. Tuning uses the info that is in the lamedb.

Next: If you only use ABM, you don't need anything else. ABM reads all the needed info from just one transponder.

abu baniaz
13-12-13, 23:38
When I said bug I was referring to the problem highlighted in this posts tittle.
Please every one do nothing I've said i totally give up. All i tried to do was give some help to a problem that nobody had a solution to..

There is a problem. Not everyone is experiencing it. That does not mean it does not exist. Keep calm and hopefully it will be resolved. If it is indeed a bug, it will affect others too. Avoiding it is not a solution. Nor is giving up. Keep your chin up.

Nobody has posted logs of this happening. Unless one of the coders/testers experiences this or can recreate it, then they depend on the logs. You can send logs via remote now.

mistertv77
17-12-13, 00:32
I've had this issue many times...
Never got a fix.

Using ABM and getEPG with ABM set to skyie HD the most common one for it to happen to is 141 (BBC1).

Zapping to the channel, zapping to another and then back to it cures it.

Haven't worried about it too much as clients don't really mind. ASAIK it happens 99% of the time with FTA channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)