PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard? (Mods - Please move to Linux discussion)

northernmonkey
11-12-13, 20:34
Well, I've no doubt that the title has got your attention! lol

As said in the introductions, I'm looking to buy either the GigaBlue Quad or the VU+ Duo but I'm overwhelmed by the process for putting images, channel lists and 'other bits' (which I've still to discover, not hinting)

I'm in the Uk and want to discover what everyone else has with these boxes, is there an up to date 'how to' for both boxes with the most common images etc at all?

Maybe even a list of common plug ins (if that's breaking rules please excuse me, I'm trying hard to stay within them!)

I'm more than happy to pay for services!

Any help is appreciated to make sure I'm buying the right thing and I'm able to use it!

PS. I'm more than used to flashing various things, from phones to games consoles to dvd writers etc etc. I'm not stupid as such, just liike to understand what I'm doing first!

Many Thanks.....

Mods - Please move to Linux discussion, my mistake, sorry!

Larry-G
11-12-13, 20:38
no it's not necessarily hard to get to grips with enigma2 based receivers but it is a continual learning process.

To make a few things easier you can have a look at some of the tutorials i put together on www.openvix.co.uk.

If you have any further questions just ask ( providing they stay within the forum rules etc ).

northernmonkey
11-12-13, 20:42
See, straight away I'm getting help!

Thanks a lot mate, and yes, I will try very hard to stay within the rules! :-)

Larry-G
11-12-13, 20:44
See, straight away I'm getting help!

Thanks a lot mate, and yes, I will try very hard to stay within the rules! :-).

To be fair we dont have that many rules, just no Cardhsaring, religion or political discussions on the forum, the rest is common sense.