PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Updating Cross EPG manually through internet....

hiohaa
10-12-13, 22:13
hi,

i would like to know if there is a way to manually update the cross epg via the internet? i have had non stop problems with getting cross epg to download the epg automatically.

for whatever reason since going to v3.x.xxx VIX images, cross EPG just will not download the EPG automatically, at a scheduled time, in the middle of the night. I have to manually download it - which i've lived with - but now im going abroad for a month.....and this is now a big problem.

Heres what i know/have done so far:
1. just flashed the latest VIX image to my vu+ solo2, today
2. followed the 'how to set up cross epg guide' on this forum http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0 step by step, and using a USB stick formatted to FAT32, plugged into the front of the box.
3. set up a dynDNS IP, and set a password, so i can access openwebif interface with my internet browser, remotely (tested and works, followed this guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?656-Remote-Access-Remotely-access-your-reciever)

I have scheduled crossEPG to download at 04.00.....so I'm going to monitor it over the next few days and see if it works.

ANYWAY MY QUESTION IS THIS: in the mean time, or if for whatever reason the automatic scheduled download is not working - is there a way to TELNET to the box through the web, or communicate with the box over the net somehow, and command it to download the EPG?

I am using Cross EPG, and Sky UK OpenTV as the EPG provider.
FYI - if the answer is yes, and it is through TELNET, please give step by step instructions. I do have putty, but the only command i know is 'passwd'! Thats it!

thanks.

Rob van der Does
10-12-13, 23:32
You can use the web-if RC

Sorry to see you didn't find the build number ......

hiohaa
11-12-13, 00:12
You can use the web-if RC

Sorry to see you didn't find the build number ......

1. oh okay, excellent - thanks.

2. I dont understand your second comment. When I made the topic, it asked me for the build number, I typed in "3.0.797".
It has just shown up as 3.

Later in my post, when I said "3.x.xxx" i was referring to any v3 builds of Vix....hence why i said 'images'

is that better? :)

i can see why you might be annoyed, as clearly youve put that control form in the beginning to help people help themselves, but i did what it asked, thinking that the full build number would show up......

Rob van der Does
11-12-13, 00:27
So your build-number is 797 then.

judge
11-12-13, 00:31
797 is the actual build number, as shown in Menu -> Information -> About.
Build 800 in this pic, but you get the idea & the red text, right?

Please provide your ViX Team image build version. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER.

Maybe there's better ways of requesting info?

hiohaa
11-12-13, 00:31
So your build-number is 797 then.

are 3 and 0 not numbers then.

edit - just seen judges post. ignore. thanks.