PDA

View Full Version : Crossepg not popualating in some channels on sky Italy

margy82
10-12-13, 21:36
Hi guys from same days I have a problem with epg becouse in some channels on sky Italy I haven't the extended description visible on EPG guide or in channel selection but I can see it if I enable the second infobar switching channel.
The bouquets are sky cinema and I tried everything, changing settings, changing download providers etcetera
Thanks

pooface
10-12-13, 22:17
Hi guys from same days I have a problem with epg becouse in some channels on sky Italy I haven't the extended description visible on EPG guide or in channel selection but I can see it if I enable the second infobar switching channel.
The bouquets are sky cinema and I tried everything, changing settings, changing download providers etcetera
Thanks

Please provide more information. How do you use crossepg to download the epg data for sky ita? Do you use opentv, xmltv, xepgdb???

pooface
10-12-13, 22:19
Also, moved this out of vix team section, as this is crossepg dependant, not image dependant!

margy82
10-12-13, 22:20
You' re right, I'm sorry, I tried using opentv first then xmltv and then xepgdb, always the same result, I also tried deleting crossepg directory and peg.dat, also tried reinstalling crossing and importing from XMLTV, still nothing
Thaks

margy82
10-12-13, 22:21
Do you think it could be a crossepg problem? Not an image problem?

pooface
10-12-13, 22:29
Well, using xepgdb, I had no data for the sky ita. I'm guessing that the data on the server is empty, or not updated or something?!

Anyway, just tried doing an opentv import, and I get virtually all channels full with epg data:

Are you sure your channels are up to date? Can you try running auto bouquets for sky it, or import an updated channel list such as vhannibals (I'm using vhannibals from 07/12/2013)...

margy82
10-12-13, 22:31
Done....no luck, still the same
Any idea?
Thanks again

pooface
10-12-13, 23:25
Done....no luck, still the same
Any idea?
Thanks again

Try deleting all epg data. Telnet in to your box, and issue the following commands (substitute /media/hdd/ to the location where you store your epg...):

init 4
rm -r /media/hdd/crossepg
rm /media/hdd/epg.dat
init 3

This will completely remove all epg data. Then, try downloading the epg data again...

margy82
11-12-13, 07:07
Try deleting all epg data. Telnet in to your box, and issue the following commands (substitute /media/hdd/ to the location where you store your epg...):

init 4
rm -r /media/hdd/crossepg
rm /media/hdd/epg.dat
init 3

This will completely remove all epg data. Then, try downloading the epg data again...

This is the first try I have done, no luck again.....

pooface
11-12-13, 11:00
I don't have a gb to test this on, bud is have thought other people would have noticed this problem before. When running autobouquets, do you get this number of channels, summary data etc populate?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

margy82
11-12-13, 20:51
I don't have a gb to test this on, bud is have thought other people would have noticed this problem before. When running autobouquets, do you get this number of channels, summary data etc populate?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I don' t understand your question at all...if you are asking if I try using ABM yes I tried and still the same, the problem is that I can see the titles of the events in channel selection and in muti epg but not the extended description in same channel, this is only with sky cinema channels. Tha strange thing is that if I swith channel and press OK to view the second infobar I can see the now/next extended description so I think it could be an image problem not an epg problem...
Thanks

judge
11-12-13, 21:01
now/next is picked up on tuning to the channel, it's not held in EPG.

margy82
11-12-13, 21:04
You are right, I remember that I could enabling/disabling the download on tune on crossepg but on vix it is not configurable....anyway, for example if I open channel selection and move to sky cinema 1 (SD) I can see only title but I I move to sky cinema 1 (HD) I can see also the extended description.....what about this?
Thanks

judge
11-12-13, 21:13
No idea, but I've noticed it on a couple of channels too.
A redownload of EPG usually fixes it.

margy82
11-12-13, 21:34
No idea, but I've noticed it on a couple of channels too.
A redownload of EPG usually fixes it.

I tried rodownloading/deleting peg dir and epg db at about 1000 times, no luck....:mad:

I try aliasing epg data from HD channel to SD channels but it could be only a workaround......