PDA

View Full Version : Missing channels

cheesebucket
10-12-13, 02:38
I am using Mr Mister's bouquets only I am missing some channels. And when I say missing, when browsing the channel list the names are not showing, isntead it says 'n/a'.

An example of channels I'm missing are the BT Sport channels.. If I go to the channel number it finds the programme information of what is on, but it comes up 'service unavailable. check tuner configuration'.

I must need to update something, somewhere but unsure what and I know this must be quite vague to the professionals out there :D

judge
10-12-13, 03:58
I know this must be quite vague

vague? no mention of box used, image used, build number used?
Yes, pretty vague.

cheesebucket
10-12-13, 21:17
I have a Vu Uno and using ViX 2.3 build 204.

I figured this issue was more due to missing data that is independent of box or image type.

Sanjhere
10-12-13, 21:33
Hello Cheesebucket and Phoenix,

I have the vu uno as well.

I had this earlier . . .I did the software update off the box, rebooted and going into the channel list it was full of n/a's until I clicked on the channel, then the name came up with the programme name. I removed the catseye plugin, ran AutoBouquetMaker, ran crossepg, downloaded catseye again and fingers crossed all the channel names, bouquets and EPG seem okay now, apart from channel 5hd, I get tune failed.

Err, I am not a professional by the way . . . just an enthusiast who comes here very often to harangue and harass . . ..

nirmies
10-12-13, 22:51
Just to add I'm using tm twin and the last 2 updates I get the n/a too where the channel name should be displayed.

Have reverted back to 797.

Armpit1UK
11-12-13, 00:23
To add to this discussion, I was running an E2 image on an Icecrypt receiver last year and loaded Catseye lists and my receiver to kept losing channels and they greyed out and just had n/a next to them. Possibly a listings issue?

judge
11-12-13, 00:50
Outdated satellites-xml? restoring settings from a previous build?
Try http://satellites-xml.org/ for a current satellites-xml, run ABM, sorted...
Fresh flash, ABM run should also solve the issue as current satellites-xml is inclued.

nirmies
11-12-13, 21:51
Updated to 800 and all seems ok now? Will keep an eye on it over next few days and see if problem occurs again.

sebus
07-01-14, 00:15
Same here on openvix-3.0.808-gb800se_usb

ABM does not show all providers for motorized dish. What is the point of ABM when Cateye has all needed info?
How can I have the "missing" providers?

On old AAF 1.0 image I could just edit lamedb & userbouquet.????.tv file & all was showing correctly

sebus

Larry-G
07-01-14, 00:19
What is the point of ABM when Cateye has all needed info?

Personally i would rather use ABM and get my sky uk channels updated daily, which i do on 9 separate receivers without fault than wait a month for catseye to release a update which more often than not is out of date by the time he releases it. ( just my own opinion ).

as for the N/A issue we are well aware and attempting to discover why thats happening but as with every thing else, we do this out of our own time and our own expense so unless you'r paying for a service you have no right to bitch and moan about it.

sebus
07-01-14, 19:20
I did not moan (only stated). Just deleted all the .tv files & lamedb & installed it again. That fixed it fine.

ABM might be OK for a single satellite, but not for 4-5 of them on a motor (specially with missing providers - where do they come from?).
Then again, how many channels could appear that I would actually need to watch?
There is always an option to do single transponder scan if needed, right?

Vix is nice & quick on this hardware, thanks

sebus

sebus

Mr. Mister
07-01-14, 19:54
I use V-Hannibals bouquets ( Edited to my requirements ).. for euro sats.. And also have ABM create my Sky Irl and Sky It..

All runs flawlessly.. Never have any issues..

so to say that your cant use both is not true at all..

chrcoluk
25-03-14, 02:22
I tried a ABM and it was missing over 50 channels, I assume due to my signal been dodgy.

The only one I see missing on Mr Mister's latest is itv hd, seems it doesnt work. Weird how the thread is closed so we cant report unworking channels.