PDA

View Full Version : Q: VU+ Duo2 and Dreambox Keyboard

boototter
09-12-13, 17:07
Already I had a Dreambox Keyboard English for my DM8000
One of the reasons to buy the VU+ Duo2 was it's acceptance of it as a RCU. And indeed, the only thing I needed to do was to switch the German layout for the Dreambox Keyboard predifined in the settings to the English version.
But ... it has to be paired.
The keyboard is of an age where VU+ is not listed in the manual.
Nowhere (and I searched for hours) is there a 4 digits manufacturers code to be found so I can pair the keyboard.
Is there someone who knows, or knows a workaround? Not familiar with the structures of the setup-files (yet), so please be specific in where to find it listed.

TIA, David

AJT
09-12-13, 17:12
Nowhere (and I searched for hours) is there a 4 digits manufacturers code to be found so I can pair the keyboard.
Is there someone who knows, or knows a workaround? Not familiar with the structures of the setup-files (yet), so please be specific in where to find it listed.

TIA, David[/QUOTE]

You can change the system code of your Vu+ universal RCU according to the Vu+ model that you want to
control. The default system code is Mode 2.

Mode 1 : SOLO / DUO
Mode 2 : UNO / Ultimo / SOLO2 / DUO2
Mode 3 & 4 : reserved for future models.

Press <<2 + 7>>, <HELP>, <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>
Press 2 and 7 for three seconds until LED is on.
Press HELP
Press <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>
DISCLAIMER
Vu+ universal remote controller (RCU) is developed with Philips Electronics. The database used in the Vu+
RCU supports more than 90% of the TV brands available on market. This means that your TV may not be
compatible with this universal RCU in some rare cases. In this case, Vu+ RCU can be used only for Vu+
set top box.

boototter
09-12-13, 17:43
You can change the system code of your Vu+ universal RCU according to the Vu+ model that you want to
control. The default system code is Mode 2.

This information I had, as it is found in the manual, but it does not reply my question.
My question is not about the VU+ universal remote, but about the manufacturers code for the DUO 2 settopbox, so I can use my Dreambox Keyboard as a remote.
This four digit code has to be entered on the keyboard, like you would do for a more common type universal remote.