PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions - recording and tuners

steford
31-10-10, 11:31
Got stuck yesterday with a timer recording on 13E on my motorised dish meaning moving my dish to 28E was impossible. Hit stop to end the recording which didn't help. Hit record which gave me the usual recording options. Looked here for a solution without luck - ended up deleting the recording and starting another one after moving the motorised to 28E and allowing my fixed dish to pick up the 13E channel. So 2 questions:-

1) How do I stop an auto recording in progress?
2) What was the best solution for ensuring a specific tuner is used for a specific channel? I did discuss this before and I felt the best option at the time was to add a 2nd satellite at the same location (13E) with the 2 channels I want to force to the fixed dish removed from the motorised tuner entry. Can this be done simply in DreamBoxEdit without screwing up other settings for example?

Thanks for any help.

Stanman
31-10-10, 12:23
1 - press greeen and delete the one you dont want.
2 - dont know

andyblac
01-11-10, 11:03
as default Tuner A gets used first, so if have a fixed dish on 13.0E and motor on Tuner B.

if you are watching a channel on 13.0E on Tuner A and a recording starts for that channel on 13.0E it will use that tuner, but if a recording starts ANYTHING else Tuner B would be used. thus moving the dish to the correct sat (it could even be 13.0E, because your watching a different channel). this as far i know is hardcoded into enigma2.

the lamedb only stores what frequencies are available and are not tuner specific.

steford
01-11-10, 18:53
as default Tuner A gets used first, so if have a fixed dish on 13.0E and motor on Tuner B.

if you are watching a channel on 13.0E on Tuner A and a recording starts for that channel on 13.0E it will use that tuner, but if a recording starts ANYTHING else Tuner B would be used. thus moving the dish to the correct sat (it could even be 13.0E, because your watching a different channel). this as far i know is hardcoded into enigma2.

the lamedb only stores what frequencies are available and are not tuner specific.

Interesting. So I would be better off making A my fixed dish.

The only possible clash I can then think of is I'm watching football on 13E, recording starts on 13E and so uses the motorised, football finishes on 13E and I want to watch more football on 28E but I can't - this would be rare.

My "extra sat" idea of say "Motorised Hotbird" with all channels except the 2 channels my wife likes and then regular "Hotbird" only on the fixed dish looks like it would work but is a bit fiddly to manage I guess.