PDA

View Full Version : Cool epg Guide Sky Skins by fraggle121

fraggle121
08-12-13, 11:15
hi there I have made a skin similier to sky epg skin for cool epg.

if u have call epg installed already then install this ipk file with the following code.

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/coolskin-skyhdmod-fraggle121_05-12-13_mips32el.ipk

now u will have a cool guide looking like this...

please test and enjoy..

I am working on this skin now

if u have any nice cool guide skins don't be shy post them here.....

fraggle121
08-12-13, 11:18
sorry didn't post ipk file,, here u go..

fraggle121
08-12-13, 12:46
if I get enough intrest ill release the newer blue skin........

also a small note I have only sky uk installed on my box so I made the skin around that.
if u have hotbird or any other sats the cool guide will show the sky logos and say sky tv guide.....
it will still work but u will have sky logos.........

fraggle121
08-12-13, 16:52
heres how far ive got so far with my blue sky tv guide.
needs a little more work and I need to adjust colours a bit to make it look a bit better changed the buttons to sky buttons,,,

hope u like it..

will be ready in a few days if any one likes it...

Bbigfoot
08-12-13, 17:07
Hi fraggle121,

Your skin look's Spot On, would like
to try.

I tried to install (Cool TV Guide) into
the new OpenVix Image from
TSPanel 7.3 with no luck.
Receive ( not sighed ).

Can you give me a link to
the Cool tv Guide that works
for you.

Thanks BF.

fraggle121
08-12-13, 17:10
I don't think cool tv guide works on a vix..
I have a dreambox
people have told me that the epg guide on a vix is far better than cool epg..
as I don't have a vix I cant say for sure..sorry it dosent work on your box....

heres the site to download cool tv guide there are two versions..

http://www.cooltvguide.com/

as I say I have been told it dosent work on a vix

Bbigfoot
08-12-13, 17:26
Hi fraggle121,

Sorry about that, thought cool.epg was short for (Cool tv Guide).
Just uploaded the OpenVix image yesterday (7/12/2013).
Had the Blackhole in my VU+ Uno, not very stable, Glitches and
a little freezing.
The Vix has been totally stable, forget its a scrambled channel.

So I just FTP your ( coolskin skyhdmd) to tmp, then
telnet your overwrite.

Thanks BF.

fraggle121
08-12-13, 17:31
yes but only install my ipk file if u already have cool tv guide working on your box.
also the ipk I posted was for the first skin which has some black in it.
I haven't released this blue one yet.
some people say they prefere the black look and some don't.
my goal is to make my guide and box skin like sky....
reason is because I done this to my box...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33597-my-sky-box-hard-mod-!!&highlight=sky+hard+mod

if u want to skin your entire box download abel431 skin he has done a wicked job looks awesome...
look here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33182-SKY-HD-Skin-cool-tv-guide-skin/page13

let me know how u get on and if u like it.
if u don't just uninstall cool tv guide and re install a normal cool tv guide...

Bbigfoot
08-12-13, 17:53
Hi fraggle121,

Doe's that mean I have to go back to B/Hole image on my Uno,
(that runs Cool tv guide) then upload your patch.

Best of luck, looks Mint.

BF.

fraggle121
08-12-13, 17:55
yes if u get probs installing cool tv guide on a vix ....
or u could try open pli image if u can get that for your box..

Larry-G
08-12-13, 17:56
CoolTV is not fully compatible with the ViX skin engine so use it at your own discretion.

fraggle121
08-12-13, 19:01
cool tv guide screen now finished sorted colours now looks better..
just need to start on easy guide and single channel.

aScottishBloke
08-12-13, 19:41
looks nice mate, have you got an updated ipk file with the finished work

fraggle121
08-12-13, 19:46
no I have to sort the easy guide and single guide out .then when I have got to get all the files together I will need to get someone to make the ipk for me because I had hassle in trying to make the ipk before..

when its finished I will get the ipk made or ill post the files here and people can ftp them to the box replacing the old ones pretty easy..

fraggle121
08-12-13, 20:32
if u want to give it a try I can post the files now but easy guide and channel guide and single guide needs finishing..
however I only use the tv guide.
if u do test it don't press the yellow button ie guide switch when cool tv guide is on.

then if u don't like it or you wanted to go back old cool guide just uninstall my cool guide and install the proper version...

let me know if u want to try it and ill post the files that need to be replaced...

the tv guide works fine......

otherwise I will hopfully have a finished version in a few days or may be a week if I get the time.as I say at the moment cool tv guide is fine and I only use that...

abell431
09-12-13, 00:25
Awesome! Its starting to look really good! I think you should maybe change the channel selected colour though..

fraggle121
09-12-13, 08:10
hello abell431 nice to hear from u.

I don't have a working sky box here so im not certain what the colours should be.
what colour do u think the selected colour should be and ill change it asap.
I thought the sky box uses yellow but im not certain...

fraggle121
09-12-13, 10:07
its done...I rushed the other screens but still looks very nice.i spent most of my time on the tv guide screen as that's the only screen that I use....
well just waiting for abell431 to choose selected colour then ill post files and hopefully someone will make the ipk to make it easier for u guys if u wanted to try it....heres some screen shots...If no one makes the ipk u can always just ftp your box and replace file manauly easy enough..

I have got the guide switch going but I never use that any way so its disabled..
also why hasent anyone else made any skins for cool guide.i suppose its a lot of effort for a small thing..any way hope u like it..

im starting to think I have way to much time on my hands.....I need to get a life

I will not be making any more changes to any screen exept the tv guide screen as that's the only one I use..

fraggle121
09-12-13, 11:00
sorry I ment
I havent got the guide switch going but I never use that any way so its disabled..

not

I have got the guide switch going but I never use that any way so its disabled..

also I have disabled the cool menu so the guide cannot be alterd as this is the best way I think it looks..no picons in channel list.
if u don't like it when I have posted the files just uninstall cool tv guide and re install the normall cool tv guide from here.

or make your own skin

and remember I have only sky uk on my box so I made the skin around that.if u have any other sats installed the cool tv guide will still be the same with the sky logos when u use it....

abell431
09-12-13, 12:00
I think you should try a yellow colour. Here is a hex code that I got from a screenshot of sky -fecb31
I use this colour myself a while back on the epg but it didn't lok write because of the white text and As far as I know, on coolepg there is no way to change he 'selected channel' text colour :(

fraggle121
09-12-13, 12:09
cheers m8 ill have a go in a bit...

fraggle121
09-12-13, 14:06
I see what u mean no way to change selected channel text hex only pos to change select picon.
looks awfull when change to proper yellow cos of white text.if I was a programmer then may be but im not so this is as good as I can get.
ive decided to leave it as is .its as close to yellow as I can get before text become unreadable.
still I think its looks pretty close to the real sky box..
ill post files in a min if any one wants to make the ipk.if not just replace files on your box with mine...

fraggle121
09-12-13, 15:35
the files I posted in my last post above this are all the files for cool tv guide,if that makes your box crash when u start cool tv guide use these files these are just the skin files only..u are better of using these files don't download the files above,

this should not crash if u just replace these and nothing else..

when done u should get a cool tv guide looking like sky tv guide,,,,,

fraggle121
10-12-13, 10:57
this works well on my dreambox 800hd

ive also tested on a technomate tm800hd but it crashes when u start the guide strange...

fraggle121
10-12-13, 12:26
I will be making another cool tv guide I have found a way to fully customise every colour including the white text.
everything can now be change just found the way to do it so ill start making the new skin u can always use my old skin until new one comes soon.
the new skin will be change to what abell431 suggested with selected yellow coulour and with blue text like sky no more white text..
the next version I release will be fully customizable...
has any one tested my old skin yet I don't seem to get any response..

heres a screen shot of the start of my customization just to show that text colour can be change and everything else..hope u like it..31010

when ive done it ill post it if any one asks for it,,,
I will not be making any more changes after that...time u guys come up with some skins....
when I release the new version u can use that if u want to make your own skin because it will be fully customizable.

Larry-G
10-12-13, 14:07
this works well on my dreambox 800hd

ive also tested on a technomate tm800hd but it crashes when u start the guide strange...

The TM800 runs a totally different OS to the DM and a different processor, so most plugins wont work properly on the TM800 as they would a receiver with native enigma 2 support ( mips ).

fraggle121
10-12-13, 14:18
I see but cool tv guide works on the tm800 but it dosent let me change it to my skin..ill have to make the skin for the tm800 using the cool tv guide that runs on it but that's much much much later I mainly want this for the dreambox for now..

fraggle121
10-12-13, 17:43
just a update on how its looking still lots more to do...
this one is using the same colours from abell431 skin looks ok but
I prefere the old one I made I think I might stop...and stick with the one I already posted....
getting a massive headache ahhhh!.

beck
10-12-13, 23:49
Will this skin work on vix if so is there a ipk file I could use

judge
10-12-13, 23:51
No, not compatible with ViX.

fraggle121
11-12-13, 08:41
it seems like more people want this on a vix than they do for any other box.
I may sound silly but is there a ipk for the standard vix tv guide on a vix box or could someone upload the files for it here.I would love to look at it to see if that can be alterd in any way,,
however even if it could I wont be able to test it cos I don't have a vix.

or could someone try to install this on there vix because this works on other boxes like technomate..
if this works then it can be customized.even better than that it can be fully customized.

if any one wants to make the skin use this as its fully customizable,,if u add few extra lines of code to the xml

it works on dreambox and technomate unable to test on other boxes

fraggle121
11-12-13, 13:37
heres a pic of cool guide 2.2
this 2.2 is cool guide only it dosent have the multi or easy or single guide.....
this is a custom skin I made.
I used the buttons from abel431 skin.
I haven't finished the cool switch yet...
on cool guide 2.2 border and a lot of other colours can be change..

still having some probs with white text coulour changing done it but found when I go to next page it alters the whole text. .but still I think this looks pretty good...

if any one wants it ill post the files no point posting files if no one wants them..

garyblas
11-12-13, 13:45
it seems like more people want this on a vix than they do for any other box.
I may sound silly but is there a ipk for the standard vix tv guide on a vix box or could someone upload the files for it here.I would love to look at it to see if that can be alterd in any way,,
however even if it could I wont be able to test it cos I don't have a vix.

or could someone try to install this on there vix because this works on other boxes like technomate..
if this works then it can be customized.even better than that it can be fully customized.

if any one wants to make the skin use this as its fully customizable,,if u add few extra lines of code to the xml

it works on dreambox and technomate unable to test on other boxes

Vix is the image - not a Box

fraggle121
11-12-13, 13:50
ok well can someone try this on a vix image as I have pli and I don't want to change it..
most likely wont work...or send me the files from a vix image tv guide if poss..

TK4|2|1
11-12-13, 15:29
CoolTV guide will not run on VIX!!

Sent by pressing buttons.

fraggle121
11-12-13, 15:39
OK thanks m8,,,

Larry-G
11-12-13, 17:10
Its not that CoolTV wont run on ViX as it will, but the ViX skin engine is not compatible with CoolTV and will cause issues

@fraggle121 im currently at work now but if you post the files you want ill try and post them here for you. There is no .ipk for the Default ViX skins but you can get the files from our GIT for all ViX compatible skins.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

fraggle121
11-12-13, 20:48
sorry pheonix if im half asleep try not to laugh at me but what is.

GIT for all ViX compatible skins

is git someone u don't like or does it stand for something..
I after the vix tv guide files..whare d I go to get them,,i know u have answerd that but still I don't know what git is...

Larry-G
11-12-13, 20:54
The GIT is in reference to GITHUB where the OE-Alliance / ViX store and build our images from etc ( There are far more technical terms for it but thats the basic gist of it ).

https://github.com/oe-alliance

https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-skins

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2-skins

fraggle121
12-12-13, 09:35
heres some pic of my cool guide 2.2 I prefere this cos it has loads of stuff removed that I never ever use like multi guide and single guide..

if any one wants the files to replace with your old guide make sure u have version 2.2 installed which i posted the ipk for and then replace with my files.
if u have a later version u will need to unistall it because if u replace with my files cool guide will crash...
let me know if u want the files and ill post them or if u want to make the ipk out of the files and ill post them..

picture 1 is cool tvguide and pic 2 is cool guide switch,,

fast65
12-12-13, 17:04
really like the looks of this skin. Please excuse me for being a thicko. I would like to install this on my Solo2 currently running Open PLI 4.0, but although I have read all this thread several times I am still not sure how to do it. Any help appreciated

thanks

fraggle121
12-12-13, 18:28
hello there if u know how to install a ipk file on your box and u know how to ftp your box its pretty easy.

if u have got cool tv guide on your box uninstall it.

now that that u have no cool tv guide on your box . ftp your box and put this file in the temp folder and install it.

its called enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_coolman_v2.2.2_all.ipk you can find it here..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33788-Cool-epg-Guide-Sky-Skins-by-fraggle121/page4

ok now test it to see if its all installed and working fine u might have to reboot the box if its not working..it wont be anything like my skin yet but just make sure its all working ok.. when done let me know here and I will post the skin u want and tell u what u need to do next don't worry its easy if u can install the ipk file the next part is as easy..i am always on and of this forum so I will get back very soon after u have installed the cool tv guide..

just to let you know it works fine on my dreambox with a pli image,,so u should not have any problems at all

ill post the rest of the instructions and the files in a few mins...

fraggle121
12-12-13, 19:19
ok now cool tv guide is installed...

download this file ive posted here and extract it to your desk top..

now ftp your box and got to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ you will see a folder called CoolTVGuide delete that folder and transfere my folder I posted called CoolTVGuide...

now go to

/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/buttons/ u will see lots of files u now need to transfer the 4 butons i posted here it will ask you if you want to overright them just say yes...

all done now start cool tv guide u will now see my skin if not reboot box then it will be my skin.

when cool tv guide is started press menu and and scroll down to Left Width for 60 Height change it to 180 now press green for cool and scroll down to Blue Button (Search) and change it to bouquetlist now press the red button to save it ...
that's it all done.

u will now have this cool tv guide skin..3108831089

fast65
12-12-13, 21:03
Hi Fraggle,
thanks for that M8. Tried to ftp to temp folder but not working after reboot. Don,t really know about ipk files. How do I install

thanks

fraggle121
12-12-13, 21:09
give me a few mins to find out how u install plugins on your box in the meen time if someone else knows please tell him saves me reading up..

I have a dreambox so it might be different..but this should work on your box.back in a min...

fraggle121
12-12-13, 21:36
I think u will need to telnet the box and install it.
try looking for software manager if your box has it press blue button.
I don't have a solo box so I cant help to much with installing plugins on it..
or wait for a little bit and someone might tell u how to install the plugin or whare to look..
with my box I go to plugings software manager and then instal local file. but u need to ftp the file to tmp first if u rebooted the box the file will be deleted. i think think if u don't know how to install a plugin u should not continue or try reading up on how to install plugins on a solo2 with pli

as I say hopefully someone will tell u how to install it on your box

someone will tell u soon I hope its not hard to do it buy telnet but best u read up on how to do it first..

fast65
12-12-13, 22:32
OK,
I have installed using software manager and then removed the Cool Guide folder as you said and replaced with your file, then gone to the usr/share / enigma/ skins default, but then got stuck regarding the 4 buttons to be overwritten. Not quite sure what you mean. Thanks for your patience. Also do I need to download cool guide as well as your files
regards

fraggle121
12-12-13, 22:36
ok don't worry about the buttons for now they aint important.
now start the cool guide..
on my box I press blue but on some other boxes u press and hold the epg button.
do u see my skin.if yes while when cool tv guide is started press menu and and scroll down to Left Width for 60 Height change it to 180 now press green for cool and scroll down to Blue Button (Search) and change it to bouquetlist now press the red button to save it ...
that's it all done.

let me know how u get on.
if u want the buttons ill talk u through that after u have tested cool guide to see if its working.

u might have to restard the box if u cant get cool guide to start after u installed it

when u say u removed cool tv guide folder and replaced with my file u do meen u replace the folder with my cool tv guide folder.
u did extract the fraggle121 cool tv sky mod files.rar to your desk top didn't u in ther u will see a cool tv guide folder just like the one u deleted that's what needs to be transferd

you install the ipk which is the cool tv guide
then extract my fraggle files to your desck top then u just replace the cool tv guide folder on your box with the cool tv guide folder u extracted to your desk top.u will see it in the fraggle folder on your desck top,,

fast65
12-12-13, 22:53
Thanks Fraggle, rebooted but not working. Must have done something wrong

fraggle121
12-12-13, 23:00
did u extract the fraggle folder on your desk top.if you did extract it it will create a yellow folder called fraggle121 cool tv sky mod files
inside that folder is the folder that u need to copy across its identical to the cool guide folder u deleted on your box.
if u installed the ipk and u found u have have folder on your box called cool tv guide then u have installed it ok may be just a case of finding the right button on the remote to start the tv guide

if u deleted the cool tv guide folder on your box and u didn't replace it with my cool tv guide folder then cool tv wont work.

have u got WinRAR on your pc u need that to extract the fraggle121 cool tv sky mod files.rar

fast65
12-12-13, 23:27
Baffled now. Can't get it to work. Have reinstalled your file after extracting to desktop, and rebooted but no joy. Must be missing something. thanks for helping

fraggle121
12-12-13, 23:37
ok ftp the ipk to temp folder again then install it with software manager.
when its installed
then reboot your box

when box has booted up again then try to start cool tv guide if it starts it wont have my skin yet but lets just make sure its starts first before u start to add my skin..

let me know if it starts

don't delete anything just install the standard guide and test if its working.if it does then I will talk u through the next step

try holding the epg button for a long time see if that start cool guide

fast65
12-12-13, 23:48
Done that but not working, however when I go to my plugins screen it says that there is (Bad magic number in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/Cool TV Guide init pyo) Any ideas

fraggle121
12-12-13, 23:54
make sure the cool tv guide folder is on on box it hasent been removed has it.ftp your box and go to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ see if the cool tv guide folder is there..don't delete it
ive read up and there are loads of vu solo pli images with cool tv guide already installed so I cant see any reason for this

if it is there and its not working may be best to go without it or download a image with cool tv guide installed already but that's hassle for u to do that just to get cool guide running..

fast65
12-12-13, 23:57
yes M8 is definitely there. Do I have to change attributes The top three folders are 755 and all the rest are 644

fraggle121
13-12-13, 00:06
no if its there then its installed ok...

try installing this one its the latest version

if this one dosent work then im baffled

it might be because the one u installed is to old for the image u have

if this one works ill sort the files out for that...

there are 2 versions of cool tv guide the one u have already tried which is for older oe1.6 images
and this one for later 2.0 images

ive just read up yours pli 4.0 is based on a oe 2.0 so this is the one u need

fast65
13-12-13, 00:32
re installed got same message. Think I'll leave it for tonight and start from fresh in the morning. My brain aches

fraggle121
13-12-13, 00:34
me to sorry we didn't get it sorted

judge
13-12-13, 00:50
(Bad magic number in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/Cool TV Guide init pyo) Any ideas
Usually means you installed the wrong python version.

fraggle121
13-12-13, 07:58
I cant work it out on cool tv guide website

there is only two versions and he has tried them both.may be try unistalling cool guide then reboot box then try reinstalling enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V6.4.0_mips32el.ipk on this page again.

if that does not work then u have 2 choices go without it or try installing a image which has cool tv guide installed..there are a lot of images with it already installed out there for your box.

it is a lot of work though putting a image on the box just to have cool tv guide u aint missing much it looks nice but that's all..

its up to you eather way I will try to help u the best I can..

fraggle121
13-12-13, 08:23
on two another subject

this may sound crazy and may be pointless for me any way,
my nephew asked me to make him a skin for coolguide that is football themed.i hate football if I did make one he wants crystal palace does any one think they would want one made in there team....if I did make him one it would be easy for me to edit that and change it to whatever team I wanted.before u say anything I know palace are crapp..

I know it may be pointless I just wanderd what u guys think is it a stupid idear......or should I go to the shops and see if I can get myself a life.
I think if I was going to do something like that it would be better to have the whole image themed rather than just cool tv guide,,,but that will take to long and I haven't got the patience for making a complete skin for the box..

fast65
13-12-13, 17:15
Hi fraggle
well managed to get cool guide installed and now shows in plugins. I removed the folder and replaced with yours. However still not there yet as I cannot see your guide, only the original coolguide. getting there bit by bit

fraggle121
13-12-13, 17:18
sent u a pm m8

Larry-G
13-12-13, 17:21
on two another subject

this may sound crazy and may be pointless for me any way,
my nephew asked me to make him a skin for coolguide that is football themed.i hate football if I did make one he wants crystal palace does any one think they would want one made in there team....if I did make him one it would be easy for me to edit that and change it to whatever team I wanted.before u say anything I know palace are crapp..

I know it may be pointless I just wanderd what u guys think is it a stupid idear......or should I go to the shops and see if I can get myself a life.
I think if I was going to do something like that it would be better to have the whole image themed rather than just cool tv guide,,,but that will take to long and I haven't got the patience for making a complete skin for the box..

No i dont think it's stupid at all, while i cant stand football my self there are plenty of users who would like the EPG skinned to their team same as some who run custom bootlogos.

fraggle121
13-12-13, 17:23
cool I might spend a little time and do one for the nephew and then if I know what teams to do next ill do that..

just a shame I haven't managed to make the ipk it would be so so much easier for people to install instead of replacing files..
however its not that hard to replace a few files..

Bbigfoot
15-12-13, 00:37
Hi fraggle121,

Uploaded your Sky skin into VU+ Uno, but keep getting
Green Screen (Crash) will test and report back.
It works OK until I press one or two other EPG Info buttons.

Thanks for Good Work, BF.

fraggle121
15-12-13, 02:04
it might need quick multi button istalled some button might be mapped to cool guide and standard guild
with multi quick button u can use that to try and configure the buttons that are crashing,,

I will be making another version with my latest skin sooon with the latest cool tv guide
hope that irons out any probs,,,

ps2stuff
16-12-13, 03:17
Hi fraggle, will you be making a version of this for openvix?

fraggle121
16-12-13, 09:06
someone on another forum is sending me a box with vix on it.i will be getting that tomorrow.
when its arrived I will be looking into modding the standard guide to look like sly but I wont know if any thing can be don until I have the box
I have worked out the colours can be changed to a certain point.i will investigate further when box comes,,

pspmixer
16-12-13, 16:45
having problems with this ive followed it all done to the letter and here is what ive got in pictures below
this what I get once copy and install your guide, I press menu on remote and get this
ive tried changing the cool 3d to standard, skin design and my design all do nothing
I press red to save then restart still nothing
any ideas how I sort this out thanks

abell431
16-12-13, 18:59
It should work on skindesign

fraggle121
18-12-13, 23:43
Hi fraggle, will you be making a version of this for openvix?

still more to do on that 90% done

fraggle121
18-12-13, 23:47
I was replying to if this is going to be done on a vix
90% done it using standard vix tv guide.few bit left to sort out but it has got sly logos and its the same blue with yellow looks very similler to the cool guide sly skin
all working on my box at the moment..

Larry-G
19-12-13, 00:13
90% done it using standard vix tv guide.few bit left to sort out but it has got sly logos and its the same blue with yellow looks very similler to the cool guide sly skin

probably best to make a different thread for the ViX based skin your working on to differentiate it from this one which needs the CoolTV guide installed to work.

fraggle121
19-12-13, 00:15
u get around

yep I agree will do at some point

Larry-G
19-12-13, 00:21
u get around

yep I agree will do at some point

yup i certainly do.

AJT
23-12-13, 00:14

@fraggle121 Thanks for all your hard work mate.i am truly hopeful you can get this to work on vix as i would really like a nice bright EPG on my box.I have the sky skin lokking great but as we all know it keeps the black EPG.

KevinM2k
20-03-14, 22:26
you havent got a quick guide on how to create a skin have you? I wouldnt mind having a go myself.

popopo
09-07-14, 10:57
Hi Fraggle

First thank you so much for all your hard work doing these cool skins for everyone.

I am running blackhole on a VU+ box and I would love to get the Sly guide on the box as i'm so used to seeing that blue now since childhood!

I read on another forum the skins wont work with blackhole, yet on this thread a lot of people only mention vix not working.

I thought it might be better to ask you if it would work or not in your experience?

Thanks

sdbt
01-11-14, 00:03
I love the skin.. well my family does more.

I'm a complete novice so please bear with me:

When comparing the Sky skin to my old Metrix Skin:
The Menu List is a lot better on the Sky121
The infobar The Sky skin does looks simpler with all the same information the Metrix Skin. However, I think the Metrix skin (although my family disagree) . is easier to extract visually the information.
EPG – Like many skins I prefer an EPG guide with at least ten channels at a time. I don’t think a EPG guide needs a preview although nice .
Recordings: No difference really.

I do need help with a few things on the Sky Skin.
1. No Picons – Would be nice
2. How do I remove the channel no. listing? I have the Virgin (?) & the Sky channel no. together. I’d prefer Picons
3. On the TV Guide (TV Button), the categories spacing is too much. What I’m saying when it lists the Movies, Sports, Kids, News etc it misses a line out between the categories. Othewise all the categories could fit on one page.

sdbt
01-11-14, 00:26
love the skin.. well my family does more.

I love the skin.. well my family does more.

I'm a complete novice so please bear with me:

When comparing the Sky skin to my old Metrix Skin:
The Menu List is a lot better on the Sky121
The infobar The Sky skin does looks simpler with all the same information the Metrix Skin. However, I think the Metrix skin (although my family disagree) . is easier to extract visually the information.
EPG – Like many skins I prefer an EPG guide with at least ten channels at a time. I don’t think a EPG guide needs a preview although nice .
Recordings: No difference really.

I do need help with a few things on the Sky Skin.
1. No Picons – Would be nice
2. How do I remove the channel no. listing? I have the Virgin (?) & the Sky channel no. together. I’d prefer Picons
3. On the TV Guide (TV Button), the categories spacing is too much. What I’m saying when it lists the Movies, Sports, Kids, News etc it misses a line out between the categories. Othewise all the categories could fit on one page.

judge
01-11-14, 00:39
love the skin.. well my family does more.
I doubt this skin is any longer updated.
If you really want a Sky looking skin, try the HD-Blue skin available in the plugin feeds.

sdbt
01-11-14, 13:49
Thanks for everyone help.

Everything working but how do I get the Picons for the Sky Skin?