PDA

View Full Version : New HD Qulash

kevdoc
07-12-13, 00:03
Hi i cannot seem to get my new hd qaud to flash the latest open vix image, its not promting me on screen about detecting new software/image. the usb memory stick is formatted to fat32 and contains nothing but the gigablue folder and all folders within it after i unzipped it. ive tried all the usb ports on the box. tried re formatting usb a few times. only thing i can think could be causeing it is the volume name as ive had it left blank. is their any certain volume name it needs to be for the box to detect it?

judge
07-12-13, 00:12
Are you pressing OK on the box when you reboot with the image on the USB stick & inserted?

kevdoc
07-12-13, 00:15
yes i have the gigablue folder containing the image on the root of the usbdrive. i am not getting the promt on the box lcd telling me to press ok, it just boots straight to the image it came shipped with, open mips or something i think it is. i have even tried pressing ok anyway a few times after switching box on at the back but its still booting straight to on.

Larry-G
07-12-13, 00:21
have a read of the flashing tutorial and format the flash drive ( USB stick ) with the HP format tool, link in the tutorial.

link to the tutorial www.openvix.co.uk

judge
07-12-13, 00:26
What's your version of "the latest open vix image"?
Build 796 currently available on http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD-QUAD/

Maybe change the filename of noforce to force, never had to do this myself, but might be worth a try.

kevdoc
07-12-13, 00:33
ive already went through the tutorial and used the hp format tool. the box doesnt seem to detect the new firmware on the usb stick. build 796 is the build i am trying to flash. would it be a bootloader issue? and if so it will not even let me flash the newest bootloader either. its never been flashed before, it only arrived in the post today. which filename are you talking about?

judge
07-12-13, 00:36
/gigablue/quad/noforce

kevdoc
07-12-13, 00:37
il try change the filname to force then, its worth a try.

EDIT:

changing the file name never worked, however when i changed it back and tried again is was promted on boot to flash new image so all is working. tbh i really couldnt tell you why it woudnt detect it in the first place. i no i was doing everything correct.

Darrellr
07-12-13, 22:59
One thing that I found was that having something attached to the rear USB ports stopped the flash process from starting

Larry-G
07-12-13, 23:18
One thing that I found was that having something attached to the rear USB ports stopped the flash process from starting

you should never have any thing attached to the USB ports when flashing any receiver except the USB stick containing the image files, if any thing else is attached it will override the flashing process as the receiver does not know which device to read from to find the image files.

richardinspain
08-12-13, 12:41
you should never have any thing attached to the USB ports when flashing any receiver except the USB stick containing the image files, if any thing else is attached it will override the flashing process as the receiver does not know which device to read from to find the image files.

Hi Pheonix

Can you update the flashing tutorial to mention the above as i forgot to add this when it was written
Many Thanks
Richard