PDA

View Full Version : initial set up

moogwai
05-12-13, 14:43
bhi,

ive accidently skipped through the set up wizard....is there a way of going back to it without a factory reset? ta

Trial
05-12-13, 15:31
Hi,
in telnet init 4, then edit /etc/enigma2/settings, search for firstrun (I think this is how itīs called) and set it to true or 1 (I am not sure), save it and then init 3.

ciao

craig37
05-12-13, 15:33
If you have a back up saved, just use image manager. That is if your on VIX image. Your should really be posting more info on your box ..?

moogwai
05-12-13, 18:53
ok, sorry....i'm on vix, version 3.0 build 797. the problem im having is with my skin being slightly too large for my screen and i'm missing letters from the display......how do i adjust the skin so it fits on my screen properly? thanks

judge
05-12-13, 18:59
ok, sorry....i'm on vix, version 3.0 build 797. the problem im having is with my skin being slightly too large for my screen and i'm missing letters from the display......how do i adjust the skin so it fits on my screen properly? thanks

You should adjust your TV, not the skin.
Google your TV make & overscan to find out how to turn overscan off.

If you can't do that for any reason, Menu -> Setup -> System -> User interface -> Position Setup.

Larry-G
05-12-13, 19:00

search google for your make and model TV and OVERSCAN then turn this off, if thats not possible and only if its not possible you can adjust the OSD on the receiver but even with the OSD adjusted you will be loosing a good 5 percent of the TV area with overscan active on the TV.

To adjust the OSD.
Menu> setup> system> User interface> position setup.

Sicilian
05-12-13, 19:00
Moved to correct section.

moogwai
05-12-13, 19:23
lol......thanks lads, adjusted ratio on tv and its now fine.