PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Flah Full

bowler
04-12-13, 13:52
I have a VU+Solo2, I am fairly new to this receiver but am long term familiar with Linux but not Enigma2

Problem I have is that the 196Mb flash is showing as only having a few K to spare up till recently it has been showing as just a small amount used, this seems to have changed since upgrading to 793 although I cannot be sure of that.

The other odd thing is that whenever I check for a software update I get the message "A permanent background update check is in progress, please wait..." This is still there after a complete power cycle.

Is there anything I should be looking for within the Flash file structure to delete a lot of files on there seem to get recreated daily.

I have moved the EPG to the HDD via the settings menu.

Many Thanks

Please note title should read "Flash Full" I wish I could type properly.

judge
04-12-13, 13:58
Delete the files in /var/lib/opkg/lists/ & then run the software update.

bowler
04-12-13, 14:02
Thanks, now showing 53M free but originally it was much more than this I believe.

bowler
04-12-13, 14:52
Upgraded to latest online version, Solo2 crashed on reboot, powered down device rebooted OK now has 97M free

judge
04-12-13, 15:01
Probably best to do a fresh flash so, build 796 currently available on http://openvix.co.uk

bowler
04-12-13, 19:24
Thanks have re-flashed and reloaded skin, plugins etc, now 100M free and appears stable.