PDA

View Full Version : Motorised Setup, USALS

Sanjhere
03-12-13, 15:00
Hello All,

As some of you might know, I have had a motorised satellite dish set up with my Vu Uno for the past two years but have only just started messing about with bits and pieces if you know what I mean . . . .

The motor part is set to USALS with the usual horizontal and vertical settings from dishpointer . . .

I have had to have the dish moved today as the LNB was infringing on the neighours garage roof by a cm or a half.

The dish has now been moved by a "handy-man" and all is perfect, I am getting SNR of 95 and SNR of 59 on Thor 0.8W which is lot better than what I was getting when a "professional" fitter installed the system for me 2 years ago. Anyway . . . thats all by the by . . . .

My main issue is that I can scan from 0.8W to 28.2E, however when I try and scan 30.5E the dish does not move and the Uno just gets stuck on scanning but does not find any channels . . . . I know that the motor should move further east than 28.2 but it is not . . .

I have seen that you can set limits for the motor to move and I am not sure if this is stopping the motor moving further east from 28.2E.

Is there a simple way to set the limits on the motor so it can travel the full 180 degrees ( I assume it can go 180 degrees?) without me messing it up (as has been known in the past . . . ) or could it be something else stopping the motor moving further east than 28.2E?

I know there might not be anything that I will want to watch further East and being a pedantic errr person and a perfectionist . . . . I want the system to be pushed to its limits . . .

As usual, any help and guidance will be appreciated . . . .

Thank you,
Sanj

Rob van der Does
03-12-13, 15:21
In 'Positioner setup' you can disable limits. Also you can move the dish from there to see if it actually does turn further east.

Sanjhere
03-12-13, 16:23
Hello Rob,

Thank you, I will try that.

My daughter is watching a programme at the moment! . . . . so I'll try your suggestion later on and report back.

abu baniaz
03-12-13, 16:47
Personally, for checking dish installations, I find it easier/simpler to transfer a pre-made chanenl list. That way you can generally select any channel from any satellite and teh receiver will send the dish there. These can be easily removed afterwards.

Sanjhere
03-12-13, 17:03
Hello Abu,

Do you mean like a favourites list?

I just use the preset channels from the ABM and select the channels from there. Most of the time it's only channels from Astra that are being watched . . .Kardashians . .. Kardashians . . . did I mention Kardashians?

Having had the dish moved, I thought I would try and see what satellites I can get but . . . the Kardashians is on . . .

abu baniaz
03-12-13, 19:32
Channel list/settings list/bouquet list/favourites.

If you use ABM, they are not preset. ABM creates them based on your selections. You can use ABM on top of a "list". I use Vhannibals, I normally download from his website just in case the one on the image feeds is not up to date. @Vmax is pretty hot on updating them, so download it from the E2 channel list section. 01 Dec should be uploaded soon.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2639-Latest-vhannibal-E2-settings&p=252966&viewfull=1#post252966

Sanjhere
03-12-13, 22:31
Hello Rob,

Your suggestion worked, thank you. I took the limits off and checked the signal strength and I was able to view the FTA channels . .. Spot on!

Hello Abu,

Thank you, I have seen the vhannibal settings mentioned on the forum. To be truthful, I have just left the settings and "presets" that are on the VIX image. The only thing I have downloaded are picons and catseye . . Judge helped me with the picons. : )

I will look at vhannibal and then harass you to help me!

paul362
04-12-13, 08:30
I prefer Catseye myself it has a nice layout for my needs.

Sanjhere
04-12-13, 10:23
Good Morning Paul,

I started off with Catseye when I got the unit and had not used other bouquet generating add ons until ABM was introduced on VIX.

I presume you can't use both together as one overrides the other. Whatever you downloaded last seems to take precedence. Catseye is good for multisat. I have only been able to use ABM for 28.2 and 13 the other SATs seem to play up when I add them to download on ABM.

Rob van der Does
04-12-13, 11:13
I started off with Catseye when I got the unit and had not used other bouquet generating add ons until ABM was introduced on VIX.

I presume you can't use both together as one overrides the other. Whatever you downloaded last seems to take precedence.
That is not correct. ABM adds bouquets to the existing ones, it doesn't override them.

Sanjhere
04-12-13, 11:28
Good Morning Rob,

I have VIX image build 796. I downloaded catseye plugin for SATs 75e to 45w . . . if I click on the up button then the blue button, I could see all the satellite names and bouquets.

I downloaded ABM and only selected 28.2e and 13e to download.

Now when I press the up button on the remote and then blue, I can only see the bouquets for the two SATs. I presumed the ABM had overridden catseye.

Am I doing something wrong?

Rob van der Does
04-12-13, 12:07
Have you set 'Keep all bouquets' to 'Yes'?

Sanjhere
04-12-13, 20:05
Hello Rob,

Sorry for the late reply.

I had not selected "Keep Bouquets" . . .

After selecting it, does it bring up a sub menu of which bouquets I want to keep? Can I just select the satellite names?

Sanjhere
04-12-13, 22:29
I think I got it figured.

Under "Configure" it says "keep all bouquets", I changed that to yes and both catseye and ABM are now showing.

Thank you Rob

Rob van der Does
05-12-13, 06:40
Yep, that's the way.

Sanjhere
05-12-13, 11:57
Okay, I tried that, I then set ABM to scan for every bouquet available . . and I am getting n/a on a lot of the channels . . .

I will need to look at this later on. One of my settings is obvously not right . . .

Rob van der Does
05-12-13, 12:03
Okay, I tried that, I then set ABM to scan for every bouquet available . . and I am getting n/a on a lot of the channels . . .
I will need to look at this later on. One of my settings is obvously not right . . .
Please reboot your box and run ABM again.

Sanjhere
05-12-13, 13:37
Hello Rob,

Will do later on and report back.

Sanjhere
05-12-13, 22:09
Ello Rob,

I have done that and still no luck.

I will start afresh tomorrow. Remove the catseye plugin, remove ABM and reinstall/ download, see if that cures the problem

Sanjhere
05-12-13, 23:52
All done Rob.

I removed the catseye plugin, stopped ABM, then ran ABM, downloaded catseye plugin again and all the channels have appeared.

Thank you again