PDA

View Full Version : vu+duo2 tuner config

darren953
01-12-13, 19:57
hi everyone got my new vu+duo2 a few days ago got it up and working in no time
i used openvix-3.0.793 image my problem is tuner setup been playing with it for ages
tuner a is set to simple/single/28.2 and the same on tuner b
when i record something lets say on itv central when i change stations over to say sky 1
when i go to play recording back of itv central box has recorded sky 1
so can not record then watch a different station
when i record itv central then turn station over a & b on front on box flicks over
both my coax feeds are working fine can anyone suggest anything
even changed my hard drive just in case
(fixed dish 28.2 )
500gig hard drive

was told it was a twin tuner box

Stanman
01-12-13, 20:23
Both should be set as
Single
Simple 28.2E

As above, do not select the option same as A or B etc manually input both in to each tuner.

If still not working, go into sat finder and check each feed for signal

darren953
01-12-13, 22:07
hi m8 did check all that on friday
but just checked again (in case i missed something)

i beleive its correct uploaded images for you to take a look 307943079530796

Burnham
02-12-13, 15:19
Have you set up LNB1 to Tuner A and LNB2 to Tuner B. You might get your problem if you set both Tuner A and Tuner B to LNB 1.

darren953
02-12-13, 15:57
not tried that way round
box is back at suppliers now for them to test it
will post back in a couple of days with results
cheers

darren953
07-12-13, 18:10
just got box back from supplier
working now had to replace the tuner
cheers for advice

bennyxf1
08-12-13, 21:32
I've got a similar problem, but when recording one channel i can turn over and watch another, but the quality is very poor and the screen goes black with 'tuner failed' message. This stops once i stop recording the program. VERY ANNOYING.
VU+ Duo2
Vix 3.0 build 789

AJT
08-12-13, 21:35
I think first thing to do is make sure you have the latest channel list installed as channel frequency's are changing every week and then do a full auto-scan of tuners and see if it makes any difference

abu baniaz
08-12-13, 21:46
@bennyxf1,
what happens when you disable the first tuner.
Might be an idea if you post your pictures of your tuner configs.

bennyxf1
08-12-13, 21:47
Trying that now thanks mate, i'll let you know.

bennyxf1
08-12-13, 21:48
i'm just scanning abu, give me a little while and i'll see what i can do. Thanks mate

abu baniaz
08-12-13, 22:06
Channel lists are not specific to tuner.

You may have configured your tuners incorrectly, the cable on other tuner may be faulty, fplug not connected properly, lnb port faulty or indeed tuner is faulty. You will have to systematically eliminate one thing at a time. I would start with disabling all tuners except one and rule things out..

bennyxf1
08-12-13, 23:16
can you give me a idiots step by step guide please abu, as you say the re-scan hasn't really helped i.e. how do i disable tuner A?

bennyxf1
08-12-13, 23:20
i've now run a test on each tuner and both appear to be giving the box a decent signal/picture?

abu baniaz
08-12-13, 23:40
You mentioned problem arises when 1 input is occupied by a recording and receiver has to the other tuner.

How many dishes do you have?
How many LNBs do you have? How many ports does each lnb have?
Do you have any diseqc switches?

How many cables have you got from each dish/lnb to tuner 1. What is the tuner config of tuner 1. Please post a screen shot like previous person.

How many cables have you got from each dish/lnb to tuner 2. What is the tuner config of tuner 2. Please also posta screen shot.

Sorry for the questions.

bennyxf1
09-12-13, 17:57
1 dish
I think its a dual LNB - no idea of the ports
No switches?
(It's a Sky+ dish)

1 cable
1 cable

Sorry for being so vague mate.

It appears to mainly happen when watching terrestrial channels when another recording is taking place (if this helps)

AJT
09-12-13, 23:22
You mentioned problem arises when 1 input is occupied by a recording and receiver has to the other tuner.

How many dishes do you have?
How many LNBs do you have? How many ports does each lnb have?
Do you have any diseqc switches?

How many cables have you got from each dish/lnb to tuner 1. What is the tuner config of tuner 1. Please post a screen shot like previous person.

How many cables have you got from each dish/lnb to tuner 2. What is the tuner config of tuner 2. Please also posta screen shot.

Sorry for the questions.

Hi abu,i am suffering a similar problem.When i am recording 2 different channels at the same time i too lose all other channels.
I am on vix 797 Duo2 i have single dish with a quad lnb so each tuner has its own separate feed.both tuners are set to single/simple so both the same 28.2.i have checked both tuners and both are good at around 87%.

judge
09-12-13, 23:27
When i am recording 2 different channels at the same time i too lose all other channels.

Pretty standard as you're using both tuners.
To see if you have any other channels available, bring up your channel list, highlight one of the recording channels, press green for satellites & then choose current transponder.

abu baniaz
10-12-13, 00:00
As you may be aware, the LNB has four positions. (A twin port LNB, is two LNBs in essence, a quad is 4 LNBs.) The positions are changed by a voltage being sent to them. Once you are watching a channel, the receiver can only use the channels on the same transponder (TP). On a single tuner tuner you can record more than one channel provided they are on the same TP. As Judge has explained above, other channels become greyed out.

If you are using two different TPs, then both tuners are occupied and you will be limited to whatever channels are on the TPs. The number of channels are not evenly spread over the TPs.

@AJT, do you have one tuner card with two tuners or two tuner cards?

AJT
10-12-13, 10:10
@AJT, do you have one tuner card with two tuners or two tuner cards?[/QUOTE]

I am starting to see whats happening now.if i tie up one tuner with a recording i am able to watch any other channel on the free tuner.
once i start another recording it uses the then free tuner as the other tuner is recording.
For some daft reason i thought i read you can record up to 6 channels at once etc etc..which you can if you have a few more tuners...

@Abu i have the shipped set up IE just the one dual tuner with a feed each but from the same quad LNB.
I think i will buy another tuner..would that solve my problem..its not often i record 2 channels at once but would like the option.

abu baniaz
10-12-13, 17:10
With two tuners you should be able to record at least two chanenls completely independently. Provided the chanenls are on the same TPs you can record several other channels.

If you get another dual tuner, if possible best to run another cable and have four feeds. Lnb would may have to be upgraded to an octo. If you don't do this, you can still get more while still using two cables.

Connect a feed to each card. 2nd tuner on each card to be a loop out of 1st tuner in each card. This will make the same polarization that is occupied available to the second tuner on the same card.

Sicilian
10-12-13, 23:07
With two tuners you should be able to record at least two chanenls completely independently. Provided the chanenls are on the same TPs you can record several other channels.

If you get another dual tuner, if possible best to run another cable and have four feeds. Lnb would may have to be upgraded to an octo. If you don't do this, you can still get more while still using two cables.

Connect a feed to each card. 2nd tuner on each card to be a loop out of 1st tuner in each card. This will make the same polarization that is occupied available to the second tuner on the same card.

The pic posted looks like is from and Ultimo with two single tuner modules, not Duo2.

VU+ twin tuner modules have INPUT on both feeds/F connections.

abu baniaz
10-12-13, 23:29
The pic posted looks like is from and Ultimo with two single tuner modules, not Duo2.
VU+ twin tuner modules have INPUT on both feeds/F connections.
You are right. I need a trip to Opticians. I should have checked thoroughly.

You wouldn't have a correct picture by any chance?

AJT
11-12-13, 11:27
You are right. I need a trip to Opticians. I should have checked thoroughly.

You wouldn't have a correct picture by any chance?

Well as i only have 2 feeds there is not much point in getting another tuner.Although the LNB is a quad it is shared with a neighbour so 2 for me and 2 for them.Many thanks for your help though...learning good.

judge
11-12-13, 11:54
A third tuner would still give you more recording/watching options.
As Abu says, set one tuner as loopthrough.