PDA

View Full Version : 8PSK Transponders

dimvn
30-10-10, 13:23
Hi,

Is it possible to see the channels from the 8PSK tranponsders with the VU+ ? I am using the Vix image and when I tune into one of these channels the signal indicator is constantly flicking between 0% - 70% and I have no picture. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks

Hakon
30-10-10, 14:42
Hi,

Is it possible to see the channels from the 8PSK tranponsders with the VU+ ? I am using the Vix image and when I tune into one of these channels the signal indicator is constantly flicking between 0% - 70% and I have no picture. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks

If you mean DVB-S2 (8PSK) the answer is yes it works

dimvn
30-10-10, 17:15
Thanks Hakon,

Interesting that I get steady signal when on 11278V on Hotbird but when I go to 10834V on Hotbird the SNR is flicking constantly like 0>54>0>45>0>83>0 etc

Maybe there is something wrong with my setup? Is 10834 working for you normally?

Thanks

Hakon
31-10-10, 07:36
Thanks Hakon,

Interesting that I get steady signal when on 11278V on Hotbird but when I go to 10834V on Hotbird the SNR is flicking constantly like 0>54>0>45>0>83>0 etc

Maybe there is something wrong with my setup? Is 10834 working for you normally?

Thanks

Works perfect here, 98% steady. Try to make a manual scan of the transponder with the correct data for the transp.
_http://se.kingofsat.net/pos-13E.php

dimvn
02-11-10, 01:02
Hi Hakon,

A search returns no results on 10834V. It's strange as the other 8PSK transponder works ok. Do you reckon there could be something wrong with my tuner setup or the LNB itself?

Thanks

Hakon
02-11-10, 19:08
If you have an extra LNB try that. You can also try the other tuner if it's the same problem.

dimvn
09-11-10, 15:20
Hi Hakon,

Thanks for the help, it's not working with any of the 2 tuners. Don't have another LNB to test , it could possibly be the signal is not strong enough to lock on the channel. Don't think that the tuner is faulty as at least 1 transponder for 8PSK works so it's probably the signal strength.

pooface
09-11-10, 15:26
Hi Hakon,

Thanks for the help, it's not working with any of the 2 tuners. Don't have another LNB to test , it could possibly be the signal is not strong enough to lock on the channel. Don't think that the tuner is faulty as at least 1 transponder for 8PSK works so it's probably the signal strength.

It is possible that it's still an lnb issue... What size dish/etc do you have?

Since it seems to be getting up to 70%, I'd say it wasn't a reception issue though. Although I would expect a little bit of the picture to be showing and breaking up when the signal goes low... Have you tried reflashing the image, or putting a different image on your receiver?!

dimvn
18-11-10, 18:31
Hello,

I think it's my dish in the end. There are other 8PSK transponders which I receive normally but that 10834V is out of reach. I tried different images but the signal quality hasn't changed at all.

Seems to me that when the receiver finds a low signal it quickly scans through close frequencies to see if it could lock the signal. When I am on the 10834V frequency and go into tuner status in the information, the frequency is changing rapidly which would explain why I see the variations from 0% to 50% etc.

Also the other night the quality level for all the channels went down a bit and I saw some channels which I receive under normal circumstances to have their SNR going from 0% to 40% and back to 0%. The channels that I lost that night normally lock at 42% quality so with the slight deterioration of the overall signal the VU+ couldn't lock on those channels.

Thanks for your help guys

catseye
20-11-10, 11:19
Have a look at this thread m8

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1596-Tuner-Software-Bug-with-Vu-Duo&p=9563&highlight=#post9563

Of course it also depends on your location in europe & sats/transponders you are trying to receive