PDA

View Full Version : Dish Priority

TomD
01-12-13, 11:40
Hi

I have a mobile dish (tuner A), and a fixed dish (tuner B) pointing at Astra 2. When I record several programmes on a normal Sat night, what tends to happen is that the fixed dish becomes free first, but I cannot move my mobile dish across to France (for the wife) because the mobile dish is still busy stuck on Astra 2 recording - obviously to the wife's displeasure!
Is there anyway I can change the settings so that when the fixed dish becomes free it automatically picks up the recording from the mobile dish allowing it to move?

Thanks
TomD

Larry-G
01-12-13, 11:50
you can manually set the tuner priority but i'm not near a receiver at the moment to be able to show you the exact path.

Sicilian
01-12-13, 14:29
Menu > Setup > System > Customise ;)

Rob van der Does
01-12-13, 15:05
Just use Auto (as is the default). That way the tuner with the least number of satellites (i.e. the fixed dish in your case)will be used if possible.
But: a recording won't go to the other tuner once it has started, even when the other dish became free. That would cause a drop-out.

So long story short: the answer to your question is 'no'.

TomD
01-12-13, 15:19
Thanks, maybe a software workaround in the future?

Rob van der Does
01-12-13, 15:38
What algorithm would you suggest? I think the present implementation is about as smart as you may expect.

DaMacFunkin
01-12-13, 17:30
If you go into your motorised dish settings you can choose to have it un available for 28.2, not a full solution but useful, or get a USB tuner and have an extra feed from your fixed dish.

Rob van der Does
01-12-13, 17:41
If you go into your motorised dish settings you can choose to have it un available for 28.2, not a full solution but useful, or get a USB tuner and have an extra feed from your fixed dish.
That is indeed an option.