PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] recording problem

skippie
01-12-13, 10:28
when I try to record a program this way :

Channel list then when on a channel I press info to get all the programs of that channel and when I press Add TIMER (green button) and I press OK it is saying : a recording has been started.

When I look in the movies I see the recording but the counter stays zero, so it's not recording.

BubbleBalls
01-12-13, 23:27
when I try to record a program this way :

Channel list then when on a channel I press info to get all the programs of that channel and when I press Add TIMER (green button) and I press OK it is saying : a recording has been started.

When I look in the movies I see the recording but the counter stays zero, so it's not recording.

Skippie,
I've been having zero timed recordings for the last week/2 weeks. Totally random, as far as I could tell - was hoping to find something common but could not - zero on Add Timer, Add Auto Timer, instant record, remote record and the only constant was that another recording was about/ just started/ in progress. Checked cabling etc but still issue was present.
Done a USB fresh flash, then backup restore, and all has been good for 3 days now - maybe something corrupted on one of the OL updates.

There was also an old issue (may not be relevant anymore) that Timer/Autotimer settings needed a buffer at the start of each recording, otherwise a zero recording would happen.

Tapatalker

judge
02-12-13, 00:12
I've been using a GBQuad as my main receiver for a month now. Always on the current ViX build, probably hundreds of recordings & not a single failed one.

I'd guess this is a cam issue & how you receive your channels?

skippie
02-12-13, 00:38
I've always used CCcam and the problem started only recently.
Never had this problem since I have the Quad.

sent from ONDA V972

judge
02-12-13, 00:39
Is CCcam used to read your local card or a remote card?

BubbleBalls
02-12-13, 01:12
Failures for me included both Saorview and FTA channels - seems something became corrupt over the past few weeks.

Tapatalker

judge
02-12-13, 01:18
Failures for me included both Saorview and FTA channels - seems something became corrupt over the past few weeks.

Recording Saorview and FTA channels here no problem.

skippie
02-12-13, 10:27
Is CCcam used to read your local card or a remote card?

my local card

sent from ONDA V972

dwarf
02-12-13, 10:51
See my reply in this thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?32807-New-GB-drivers/page4), Its nothing to do with the cam its a driver issue.

BubbleBalls
02-12-13, 12:48
Was just about to post that the issue had come back last night - zero timed recording on e4. Thanks Dwarf - will roll back the drivers to fix.

Tapatalker

skippie
02-12-13, 15:35
so we go back to a previous image number?
If so, how far back?

sent from ONDA V972

Stanman
02-12-13, 20:22
Those encountering Zero minute recording - check the channel the recording was set up is still broadcasting as if it is an AT recording, it may not have changed over the frequency

dwarf
02-12-13, 20:54
No need to reflash the box to an older image just download the driver from

http://archiv.openmips.com/gigablue-quad-drivers-3.3.8-2.0-20131102.zip

Then replace the dvb.ko file with ftp /lib/modules/3.3.8-20/extra/

Reboot the box and try multiple recordings.

Stanman deffo nothing to do with frequency changes.

BubbleBalls
03-12-13, 00:16
No need to reflash the box to an older image just download the driver from

http://archiv.openmips.com/gigablue-quad-drivers-3.3.8-2.0-20131102.zip

Then replace the dvb.ko file with ftp /lib/modules/3.3.8-20/extra/

Reboot the box and try multiple recordings.

Stanman deffo nothing to do with frequency changes.

Cheers Dwarf,

Great link. Anyone who manually applies drivers (as in this case) please note that

1 - driver name (when accessed through menu/information/about) will not change - drivers originally packaged by VIX will retain the name as it is hard-coded when the image is built (unless recently changed) so drivers you provide yourself will not be listed - though they are there.
2 - Any online update or fresh flash will overwrite the driver version you have used

thanks

Rob van der Does
05-12-13, 07:14
Those encountering Zero minute recording - check the channel the recording was set up is still broadcasting as if it is an AT recording, it may not have changed over the frequency
That is indeed a common cause for such an issue. And don't blame the box or the image for that please :p