PDA

View Full Version : Cant overwrite BH image

Davon
01-12-13, 09:43
Hi
I trying to get a BH image off my receiver i have just bought and get a vix one on.

I have tried 2 different memory sticks both formatted to fat 32 , 4 different images and all usb ports and still it just starts in BH !!!

Any ideas please :confused:

Thank you

Sicilian
01-12-13, 09:53
Use a GENUINE Kingston USB stick, MAX size 8GB and use REAR USB port.

Format FAT32 with this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

Davon
01-12-13, 10:18
thanks

It says administrator rights are required to run tool ??

Larry-G
01-12-13, 10:27
yes just right click on the program and select run as administrator.

Davon
01-12-13, 12:40
Still wont flash , any other ways please ???

Larry-G
01-12-13, 12:52
so what exact image is on there at the moment and what exact images ( including build numbers ) are you trying to flash ?.

Another thing where did you buy it from as Solo2 clones are just now hitting the market.

Davon
01-12-13, 13:02
I have on BH 2.0.7.1 Build 2013-11-12 master
Trying vix 3.0.773

Larry-G
01-12-13, 13:06
Have you tried any other ViX builds ? and are you sure the power button is reacting when you press it as sometimes mine does not first time.

^^COMPASS^^
01-12-13, 13:08
Sounds like you have a BH backup image saved on your Hard Drive,

Save your BH backup to your pc first (just incase you wish to restore it at a later date)
then delete it off your hard drive,
then flash Vix image and all should be fine...

Larry-G
01-12-13, 13:10

Save your BH backup to your pc first (just incase you wish to restore it at a later date)

Must be a BH thing then as i have several dozen ViX backups saved to both the HDD and USB stick and never have issues flashing my solo2.

^^COMPASS^^
01-12-13, 13:17
Yep it's the way that they named the image backup root folder "vuplus" that causes issues

Davon
01-12-13, 13:26
Yes ive tried a few same with usbs and ports
Bought new boxed from ebay Guy said not cloned ( i asked before purchase ) and has been messenging me setting up previosly . I have flashed it twice before

Thanks

Dave

Davon
01-12-13, 13:27
Yep it's the way that they named the image backup root folder "vuplus" that causes issues

A local lad ( you can come to my house and do it !!):D:D

Davon
01-12-13, 13:35

When it came it had BH image on but did not like it . I managed to get vix on ok , then sound went of (had to restart enigma every time for sound ) so i reflashed a BH image on , but now cant do vix . I have no harddrive attached ( no internal or usb ) . Are you saying delete image from menu then flash . If so please explain how

Thanks

Larry-G
01-12-13, 13:43
Flashing a new image first erases the old one, if you erased the image separately by some other means the receiver would no longer boot up.

^^COMPASS^^
01-12-13, 13:47
Well what i was referring to was if you had a HDD installed or mounted USB which included a Blackhole Image backup folder named " vuplus "

Im not sure if its possible to save a Blackhole image Backup to Flash!
maybe Phoenix could advise?

Davon
02-12-13, 07:56
Sorted now :)
It was the file structure . I had so many images i had named the folder incorrectly .

Thanks