PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] oscam.r9059 don`t start/work

snoopy2013
30-11-13, 17:21
Hello,

today I have tried to install the latest by vix team offered oscam version (oscam.r9059).

After deinstallation of oscam.r8625 + restart of box and installation of oscam.r.9059 + restart of box, oscam.r9059 is shown in "softcam-setup", but oscam.r9059 does not start (and does not work) after push the green button. Needed config files are correct and in correct directorys.

Oscam.r8625 (also after "reinstallation" according to the above procedure) works with same config files ok.

Any idea?

Regards

Ten Below
30-11-13, 17:35
Hello,

today I have tried to install the latest by vix team offered oscam version (oscam.r9059).

After deinstallation of oscam.r8625 + restart of box and installation of oscam.r.9059 + restart of box, oscam.r9059 is shown in "softcam-setup", but oscam.r9059 does not start (and does not work) after push the green button. Needed config files are correct and in correct directorys.

Oscam.r8625 (also after "reinstallation" according to the above procedure) works with same config files ok.

Any idea?

Regards

The current version is 9063, try that its working well for me on my solo2.

snoopy2013
30-11-13, 17:41
Hello,

I mean the current version of the open vix download-server (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/) and so I'm surprised that this oscam version does not work (I suspect it's just a "start" problem ...).

Regrads

danivtec
30-11-13, 18:35
Is file permission on oscam file set to 755?

snoopy2013
01-12-13, 09:58
Sorry for late reply: Yes, set to 755 - but also doesn`t work.

Stanman
01-12-13, 12:22
Go here
http://download.oscam.cc/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=1.20_TRUNK/mips-tuxbox-oe2.0

download one of the builds, save it to your desktop,extract the file and I normally rename it with the build added to name and than FTP it to your box in USR/SOFTCAM change permission to 775 and should work fine.

Just did it yesterday for build 9063 and running fine here

snoopy2013
01-12-13, 13:05
Hello stanman,

tried as you told and now all is ok with oscam 9063 (shown as activ and works). :)

I supposed then there is something "wrong" with the version oscam.r9059 in open vix download-server (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...=ViX-Softcams/) ...

Thank`s a lot to all.

Regards

silent_hill_dan
08-12-13, 11:43
Hi Stanman and all,
Thanks as always for your support. Can you please just give me more details on the following.

I'm usually using the ipk file to update oscam so it's done automatically.

So which of the 4 build files am I supposed to use from http://download.oscam.cc/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=1.20_TRUNK/mips-tuxbox-oe2.0 ?

When I extract the oscam files, they all have different sizes....
Also, do I just have to put one of this file (which one of the 4 above?) in the USR/Softcam folder with the 755 permissions?

Thanks again !!!

abu baniaz
08-12-13, 12:06
Use the bottom one. Transfer your config files to /etc/tuxbox/config/

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk

chaser
08-12-13, 12:36
Also, do I just have to put one of this file (which one of the 4 above?) in the USR/Softcam folder with the 755 permissions?

Yes. Only one copy of the file is required. Once I get the new version running, I would normally stop the old version and disable startup from the Vix Softcam Manager / Setup menu, and then delete the old copy of Oscam.

silent_hill_dan
08-12-13, 12:42
Thanks a lot abu and chaser,

But you know what is the difference between the 4 packages as the oscam file in each of them has a different size ?

chaser
08-12-13, 13:19
The light version has limited readers and protocols and should only be used if you've got limited flash on your box. It may not be built with the correct reader for your use (if you need NDS Videoguard).
The second and third versions include additional code to allow USB readers to be used - one with SSL security. They both include all protocols and readers.
The final one is the normal one to use. It includes all protocols and readers, but doesn't include the USB bits for external readers, or the SSL code.

silent_hill_dan
08-12-13, 16:28
Fantastic !!!!
Thanks a lot for all the details :-)

garyblas
08-12-13, 17:08
Which version is recommended for Vu Duo

chaser
08-12-13, 18:06
assuming you're downloading from download.oscam.cc, then I'd go for the following version (which is good for all VU+ boxes):

oscam-svnxxxx-mips-tuxbox-oe2.0-webif-Distribution

If you've got access to a Linux box, then I'd highly recommend cross-compiling your own version of oscam. You can then configure it for your own needs. It's been made very simple with a script called Simplebuild which was developed by a guy called Gorgone. It's available on the Oscam 'Streamboard' support forum.

grazeyone
08-12-13, 21:31
I installed this one today:

oscam-svn9077-mips-tuxbox-oe2.0-webif-Distribution.tar.gz

Working like a charm.

garyblas
08-12-13, 22:14
This all sounds very hard to setup for a novice... I understand mgcamd and cccam and have both setup.

Before i try to find out how to setup etc, What are the advantages of Oscam over cccam etc.

chaser
08-12-13, 22:50
Well, the main reason I switched to Oscam is because I was having intermittent issues with mgcamd on my Duo. I know others have been running cccam & mgcamd for a long time without issue, but I could never get to the bottom of the problems I was having. I needed to restart mgcamd quite regularly.

Oscam has never missed a beat for me!

Also, Oscam is open source and is updated very regularly. I don't think cccam or mgcamd can be updated as easily.

grazeyone
08-12-13, 22:50
I spent most day trying to figure it out but got it working was relatively easy. Oscam works like CCcam but more stable I guess.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

chaser
08-12-13, 22:54
I spent most day trying to figure it out but got it working was relatively easy. Oscam works like CCcam but more stable I guess.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Probably a bit late now, but I've previously provided guidance on setting up Oscam in this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28041-Mgcamd-requires-manual-restart-after-standby&highlight=oscam

garyblas
15-12-13, 20:29
Hi Stanman and all,
Thanks as always for your support. Can you please just give me more details on the following.

I'm usually using the ipk file to update oscam so it's done automatically.

So which of the 4 build files am I supposed to use from http://download.oscam.cc/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=1.20_TRUNK/mips-tuxbox-oe2.0 ?

When I extract the oscam files, they all have different sizes....

Thanks again !!!

Where is the permission i need to change to 755?

danivtec
15-12-13, 20:30
FTP into the oscam directory, right click on the oscam file and choose properties.

garyblas
16-12-13, 20:18
Thanks for all the help on this topic i got my oscam up and running.
One more question i have 2 cards running and they work ok, however i have noticed it does seem to switch between the 2 cards quite often. Is this normal for Oscam ?

When i used mgcamd it only switched if i had problem with number 1 card

Also although i setup the log file as in the config file i cant find any reference on my box for this log anywhere