PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Inaccurate pause with mkv, mp4 and avi files

TimoJ
30-11-13, 09:44
When I pause avi, mp4 or mkv files and then continue to playback, play position always jumps back 1-2 seconds. Looks like it goes back to previous sync frame.

Why is this done? I also tested OpenPli and it does the same, but Black Hole image works correctly and continues playback at the exact point where pause was used.

There are also other issues with same format files, not sure if they are related to the first problem:
1. Playback does not always start at the real beginning, instead it starts 2-4 secs later.
2. I have set playback to stop/pause at the end of the file, but the file does not actually pause there, it starts to jump between last few seconds and the end.

cosie
30-11-13, 12:10
They have always been a bit dodgy to play,I normally press play and let them go to the end to avoid any problems:)

TimoJ
01-12-13, 09:38
It's just weird that BH image (and probably also original VU+ image) does this much better than Vix (and Pli and ATV). Isn't BH or original code available that would show what is different in those image's position seek routine?

At worst case .avi file jumps 6 seconds back when you release pause. Playback starts for a very short time at the correct position and jumps after that.

Rob van der Does
01-12-13, 11:20
No.
BH and VTi break the Open License by not making the source publicly available. And we have no intention to put effort in reversed engineering illegal software.