PDA

View Full Version : Mgcamd

Dwaine85
30-11-13, 06:56
Got my new octagon sf8 yesterday folks and have got everything running i need on it bar mgcamd.

I have tried a mates CCCam and it works but mgcamd wont work for me.

I installed both ok but orginally i had no mg_cfg file and had trouble adding one via DCC but eventually i did.

I thought this would fix my problem as I have newcamd.list working ok on previous mgcamd 1.38 on different image.

However i installed mgcamd for vix the 1.35 version and having alot of trouble.

Any advise would be great.

PS I seen this on another thread under #box type in mg_cfg to change B: (00) to 06 but had no luck again. That was on a solo2 thread is the number different for an octagon sf8

Stanman
30-11-13, 14:52
Are you putting the two files in the right location and are your files set up correctly?

Dwaine85
01-12-13, 07:57
Yes mate in the usr keys directory is where i have them. Like i said i originally had no mg_cfg file and my box was alerting me to this when i tried turning mgcamd on. Now i have the mg_cfg file installed mgcamd activates on my receiver but nothing happens. I believe its to do with configuration as before below is what i got from a VU Solo discussion on the issue and is their a different number i use for an octagon sf8 box?

You need to insert the 2 files you mentioned into usr/keys

Mgcam is client only so you will still need something else to read your card/cards.

The file newcamd.list contains the information for mgcam to connect
The file Mgcam.cfg is pretty generic and you should be able to find one from mr google

If youi install a generic one change this bit in red from 00 to 06

# box type
# 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
# 01 dbox2
# 02 dreambox
# 03 triple-dragon
# 04 relook
# 05 openbox
# 06 dreambox/mips
# 08 stapi/kathrein
# 09 stapi/ipbox
# 11 stapi/openbox
B: { 00 }