PDA

View Full Version : New TM-Nano 2T coming out...

Cohibastevie
28-11-13, 01:12
As my previous post stated I was interested in getting the the TM-Nano OE

Just as I was about to pull the trigger I read that the TM Nano 2T was coming out:

http://******************.co.uk/blog2/tm-nano-2t/

There are specs on the technomate forum but it's basically a Nano with 2 tuners and a VFD display.

Looks like it will have the same small form factor as some newer boxes so could be a really competitively priced alternative to the solo 2 or TM-2T

I will watch this space...

Do you think Vix team will support it?

Tanks for reading.

Larry-G
28-11-13, 01:31

Tanks for reading.

We have no plans to support this receiver at the moment but will update if that changes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sicilian
28-11-13, 06:00
Looks like it will have the same small form factor as some newer boxes so could be a really competitively priced alternative to the solo 2 or TM-2T

You can't compare that to the VU+ Solo2, like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Mini.

Not sure yet, we've not made a final decision.

duoduo
28-11-13, 10:37
When will you make a decision on whether to support this new receiver Sicilian?

Cohibastevie
28-11-13, 12:53
You can't compare that to the VU+ Solo2, like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Mini.

Not sure yet, we've not made a final decision.

I wasnt referencing the specs just the small form factor.

abu baniaz
28-11-13, 13:13
The Solo2/Gigablue quad uses the 1.3 mhz CPU, the current range of TMs use the 405mhz cpu.

Cohibastevie
28-11-13, 17:12
This looks set to be one of the cheapest dual tuner models on the market...

The icing on the cake would be a vix image.

duoduo
28-11-13, 18:38
Agree, I wouldn't have it as a main box but would be great for second room.

Cohibastevie
28-11-13, 19:06
I hope the site sponsor starts selling them, would rather see my money go to them.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
28-11-13, 19:07
We'll have them listed on the shop over the weekend, £199 delivered.

duoduo
28-11-13, 19:25
Just need to know if vix will be available now??

Larry-G
28-11-13, 19:28
as sicilian said we are still unsure at this moment in time.

Spoof
28-11-13, 21:38

Cheap don't mean good, or in Technomate's case, not even usuable - my experience with them (dating back to the TM9100) is that they can't do what they promise - the 2T is no different - great potential but hopeless drivers.

Spoooooooo

judge
28-11-13, 21:41
the 2T is no different - great potential but hopeless drivers.

The drivers were sorted out a while ago.
No need to bash TM in every thread.

Cohibastevie
28-11-13, 22:20
Cheap don't mean good, or in Technomate's case, not even usuable - my experience with them (dating back to the TM9100) is that they can't do what they promise - the 2T is no different - great potential but hopeless drivers.

Spoooooooo

Your right cheap dosent always mean good, but in this case it does.

All info currently available (including the TM website according to specs) seems to suggest this is a TM-2T in a different box, if that's the case then the driver issues should not pose to be a problem. With that a vix image should hopefully not pose too much developmental issues and might be easily ported with the script adjusted.

Here's hoping, I think some people need to realise that there is an alternative market other than those out to buy a solo2, there's the implication of cost, support, reliability etc.

This box could potentially bridge a gap, again not that I am suggesting its an equivalent box to the solo2, but a very capable, sufficient and economically viable alternative.

gogoli
29-11-13, 00:18

No Wrong. The Cheapest and the best Dual Tuner is the Legendary Vu+ DUO...from tomorrow be will less then This new stb with no support...

For more Information you have to ask the Sponsor of this forum.

gogoli
29-11-13, 00:30
We'll have them listed on the shop over the weekend, £199 delivered.

Yes true...

Cohibastevie
29-11-13, 00:39
No Wrong. The Cheapest and the best Dual Tuner is the Legendary Vu+ DUO...from tomorrow be will less then This new stb with no support...

For more Information you have to ask the Sponsor of this forum.

If you read what I said and I quote...

"This looks set to be ONE of the cheapest dual tuner models on the market..."

How is that statement wrong?

I did not say it was THE cheapest.

gogoli
29-11-13, 01:21
If you read what I said and I quote...

"This looks set to be ONE of the cheapest dual tuner models on the market..."

How is that statement wrong?

I did not say it was THE cheapest.

If we talk for now, that STB do not exist in reality ! ( just some one got panic from DUO price is been send to dealers by email 3 days ago and they come with Phantom Stb and Phantom website .) Because is no news in Official TM website.!

SHORT WORDS That stb is not in market yet.

That's one i say Wrong !

Even if we talk for future price if will be any ready, again still DUO is more cheap 199 Pound.
For more info ask Sponsor.
Please i do not need argue anymore..
Have e nice day or night..

if you talk when be ready in market again can not be ,because i says is DUO.

gogoli
29-11-13, 01:47
Yes true...

In this Post was the OFFICIAL advert for Vu + DUO from the VU PLUS I do not know why been take off ?

Yes i say YES True,but mean VU+ DUO is NOW 199 POUND deliver that's the cheapens...Some one can even clean out ..But the sponsor here is Authorized dealer no idea why is been delete ? CAN Moderator who delete let me know ?

When delete some thing can gave reason too !?

Cohibastevie
22-12-13, 23:00
Has there been any word on WOS stocking this new reciever?

I know the posted saying they will be selling it at £199 but I have yet to see it on the website...

If I could also be a bit cheeky and ask if there is also any word on a vix image? :D

Thanks!

Sicilian
22-12-13, 23:49
See here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-NANO-2T

ViX image coming soon.

Larry-G
22-12-13, 23:57
And here is a ViX flashing tutorial for this receiver.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/&file=How%20to%20flash%20a%20TM-Nano-2T.pdf

Cohibastevie
23-12-13, 00:05
My jaw has just dropped!

I really appreciate that pheonix!

Thanks bud.

Spoof
27-12-13, 22:21
The drivers were sorted out a while ago.
No need to bash TM in every thread.

The drivers were updated but not sorted. Timeshift still doesn't work properly, the box can't record from deep stand-by properly and, if I am not mistaken, it has a rather bad memory leak (box slows down then crashes).

Sicilian
29-12-13, 07:41
The drivers were updated but not sorted. Timeshift still doesn't work properly, the box can't record from deep stand-by properly and, if I am not mistaken, it has a rather bad memory leak (box slows down then crashes).

Timeshift working fine here, been testing for a few days now to find any issues. Enabled PTS and all works welll. Deep standby recording has to be supported by the hardware, TM-Nano-2T support deep standy timers/recording. Tested a few this morning, all woke the receiver up to record.