PDA

View Full Version : LCD + VFD screens blank

cervot
27-11-13, 11:17
hi its been a while since i have posted on here but i haven't had any problems so to speak until now, i treated myself to a Vu+ Duo2 last month, then i got an extra twin tuner which i fitted all working nicely, now the screens have been fine until last night i recorded a program (on usb, hdd coming soon) and noticed that both screens are blank showing no info, if you press a key on the remote you can see the little white dot flash on the vfd display. i am on open vix 3.0 v793. i have tried a reboot but nothing box just boots up normally but showing nothing on either screen, i may have to try a re-flash as a last resort, but box works fine just no display, anyone else had the same issue or is it a faulty box? :confused:

cervot
27-11-13, 11:33
update:

i did a power cycle and the vfd displayed the usual info upon boot, but as you can see above the info soon gets scrambled once box is booted up. if you change the channel the info appears normally then goes scrambled after 20 seconds or so then seems to return to normal after another 20 seconds. the lcd screen is still blank. i have not changed anything in lcd4linux, think im gonna relash and see what happens... if anything, fingers crossed

AJT
27-11-13, 11:36
Does this issue appear whilst recording or during playback.
When i playback a recording my lcd changes to whats been set which for me is nowt it shows only the programme i am playing back info... i am using a default setting.
So if i were you i would go into your display settings and in the lcd set up screen if you press menu on your remote you should be able to load a default setting.
I dont think you have a problem its just your display settings are not set up as to what to display on lcd/vfd while in playback.

cervot
27-11-13, 11:43
hi thanks for your reply, i have gone into lcd4linux and on the right hand side it shows the info as it should be however underneath it says no lcd2 picture file. is this normal, i cannot see where about i select load default picture file.

cervot
27-11-13, 11:59
me again, have reflashed with a fresh img and all working fine, until i record that is....

AJT
27-11-13, 15:47
like i said you need to set up your display in the lcd4 setting.it will only display what you tell it to if you have not set it up it should be set at default and show the bare minimum of information on both displays.

AJT
27-11-13, 15:49
Try here thread is dedicated to these problems.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?410-VU-Duo2-LCD4Linux-Support