PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Only "Text-Mode" in GraphEPG

snoopy2013
26-11-13, 10:55
Hello,

unfortunately, I`am just back with a new support request ...

Using "GraphEPG" the display with my two boxes is always and only as "text" mode, even if I select "Graphics" in the menu of "GraphEPG". :confused:

Does anyone have any idea what could the reason for this?

Thank`s

Trial
26-11-13, 11:03
Hi,
provide a debug log when your calling gepg perhaps graphics are missing.

Erstelle mal ein Debug-Log vielleicht fehlen Grafiken.

ciao

Rob van der Does
26-11-13, 11:04
Which skin do you use? And do you use a skin-user?

snoopy2013
26-11-13, 11:31
provide a debug log when your calling gepg perhaps graphics are missing.

Erstelle mal ein Debug-Log vielleicht fehlen Grafiken.

I would like to do that, but unfortunately I am in Linux a little bit "clueless" - how does it work exactly?

Mach ich gerne, bin nur leider in Linux etwas "unbedarft" - wie funktioniert denn das genau?

Which skin do you use? And do you use a skin-user?

I use skin "Magic-HD-Night" and yes, I use a skin_user but only with content/small changes in screens "infobar", "secondinfobar", "channelselection" and "movieselection".

Trial
26-11-13, 12:10
Hi,
In Menü, Einstellungen, System, Logs, Einstellungen you could activate a debug log. Activate it, restart box and then play a bit with g-epg. Connect to your box with FTP (FileZilla for instance) and in /hdd/log or /home/root/logs you should find a logfile which contains important information to find your problem. Post this file here.

ciao

snoopy2013
26-11-13, 12:17
Thanks for the explanation.

I will try to create a log tonight (I'm currently not at home ... ;)) and then post it here.

andyblac
26-11-13, 13:36
Hello,

unfortunately, I`am just back with a new support request ...

Using "GraphEPG" the display with my two boxes is always and only as "text" mode, even if I select "Graphics" in the menu of "GraphEPG". :confused:

Does anyone have any idea what could the reason for this?

Thank`s

well if you look closely you will the timeline is using graphics, so it does seem that the required png files are missing for the rest.

garyblas
26-11-13, 14:26
I had problem a while ago , I deleted my skin user and reloaded Magic HD skin, then re-edited the skin to my liking.
This fixed the issue as i had created my user skin some time ago.
How old is your user skin?

snoopy2013
26-11-13, 14:34
Will I be happy to check when I get home. What are the required png`s and in which directory they have to be? If the required png`s should actually missing, where can I download this?

Would somehow weird if they were really missing - I have nothing deleted from the image (at least not consciously :whistle:).

Thanks again to all of you for your support!

snoopy2013
26-11-13, 14:37
How old is your user skin?

Just a few days ago. But I'll try your tip like.

PS:
Excuse the "double post" - the answer from garyblas came while I wrote my previous message ...

Trial
26-11-13, 15:22
Hi,
when something is missing reinstalling should help. So you could try

1. select other skin,
2. uninstall magic-hd-night
3. install magic-hd-night
4. select magic-hd-night

ciao

snoopy2013
26-11-13, 22:08
Hello,

now I have first uninstall and install skin Magic-hd-night: just same problem ...

Then test graph-epg with debug-log. Log is uploaded.

Regards

Trial
27-11-13, 09:49
Hi,
although there is a small bug in the skin it does not explain the "text mode".

When did you make your last full flash?

Here are my settings and my gepg.

ciao

snoopy2013
27-11-13, 10:17
Hello,

last full flash was just a few weeks ago (I think build 773).

although there is a small bug in the skin it does not explain the "text mode".

Strange, because even after uninstall, and reinstall skin magic-hd-night over feed yesterday night and also with other skins (for example vix-hd-night), the "error" in graphepg is still the same ... :confused:

Any idea to solve the "problem" without a new flash?

Thank`s for help.

Rob van der Does
27-11-13, 10:20
Why without a flash? Make a settingsbackup, flash, restore during the first install wizard and you're up & running in a couple of minutes.
The obvious restoration didn't work, so unless you're an expert, a flash is the way to go!

snoopy2013
27-11-13, 10:26
Okay, I will try with new flash and settingsbackup - will then report whether I was successful ...

snoopy2013
28-11-13, 09:06
Good Morning,

Problem solved: The reason for the incorrect Display of graphepg was the plugin "partnerbox" - after deinstallation of "partnerbox", graphic-mode is now "ok". :thumbsup:

Sorry for the inconvenience due to my own "mistake" and thanks again for your support.

By the way: I had installed "partnerbox" because of missing (for me) functionality of the plugin "remotetimer" in the selection of recording paths on the remote box - see my description here:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?32693-remotetimer-is-it-possible-to-set-an-alternative-recording-path-at-the-remotebox

With "partnerbox" by set a timer to a remotebox, all recording paths of the remotebox are available and can be selected (and the recording is then done also correctly to the selected path) - unfortunately this does not work with plugin "remotetimer" ... :confused:

Regards

andyblac
28-11-13, 10:23
Good Morning,

Problem solved: The reason for the incorrect Display of graphepg was the plugin "partnerbox" - after deinstallation of "partnerbox", graphic-mode is now "ok". :thumbsup:

Sorry for the inconvenience due to my own "mistake" and thanks again for your support.

By the way: I had installed "partnerbox" because of missing (for me) functionality of the plugin "remotetimer" in the selection of recording paths on the remote box - see my description here:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?32693-remotetimer-is-it-possible-to-set-an-alternative-recording-path-at-the-remotebox

With "partnerbox" by set a timer to a remotebox, all recording paths of the remotebox are available and can be selected (and the recording is then done also correctly to the selected path) - unfortunately this does not work with plugin "remotetimer" ... :confused:

Regards

then ask the author of remote timer to add this support.