PDA

View Full Version : NAS support for installed hard disc

hristogo
24-11-13, 23:09
Dear All,

I am considering purchasing the Duo2, but i have confusion regarding the hard disc. I have 3 options - 500gb, 1tb, 2 tb.

Can someone confirm that the duo2 support NAS function for the installed hard disc?

The idea is to download with mobile computer movies and to store them directly on duo2 disc, and then to watch them with the duo2. I suppose the Duo2 support 1080p movies with srt or sub subtitles format ??? (I am from Bulgaria, so cirilic support is a must ?)

Can i use this disc as a back up disc for example for all my work,music, pisctures, etc??? (of course, the idea is to be accecable through the local wifi network with mobile PC )

Thanks a lot!

Tkr001
25-11-13, 08:46
If you are asking can the duo2 internal hd be shared on a network the answer is yes.

hristogo
25-11-13, 18:48
If you are asking can the duo2 internal hd be shared on a network the answer is yes.

Hi,
OK, Thanks for your answer.

Does the DUO2 play fluently downloaded full HD movies and does it support subtitles?

Donnie
25-11-13, 20:48
Hi,
OK, Thanks for your answer.

Does the DUO2 play fluently downloaded full HD movies and does it support subtitles?

Yes to both

hristogo
27-11-13, 18:23
Hi,
Regarding the harddisc , i have the follwing questions:
1. Can i use it for a auto backup(sync) in my home wi fi network? (to backup folders from 3 other mobile PC)
2. Can i use it to backup(sync) data remotly through internet?
3. Can i share this disc online?

Thanks a lot!

AJT
27-11-13, 23:18
why why and why would you want too.
you will need some sort of third party apps to do all that but what would be the point its a satellite box..use a computer.

hristogo
28-11-13, 12:37
Hi,
Because i am having 3 mobile PCs and need back up. I also need to have a common storage for the follwing- movies storage, music storage, PCs back up, family pictures storage. As i understood with the duo2 i can easily review pictures, listen music and watch full hd. movies with subtitles.
Otherwise i have to buy a server to do all this.

Can anyone confirm that all above ia possible with this box?
Thanks a lot!

judge
28-11-13, 13:05
Yes it is.

hristogo
30-11-13, 09:21
Hi,
Does the DUO2 support cirilic subtitles for downloaded from internet movies?