PDA

View Full Version : Vu + solo 2 not connecting to network

m.nikesh
24-11-13, 18:42
Hi,

My vu+ solo2 (on Vix Image) is not connecting to the internet today.

I had been using this box for past 6 -7 months without any issue.

Its stopped working from today. Its not connecting to the internet.

When I do a network test, it shows IP address and Name server as UNCONFIRMED.

Its connected with Lan cable. I checked the internet and the cable all working fine.

I also tried to restart network.

No anyone please advise me what to do? Is the box broken, I feel I am still under warranty.

Any one please advise.

m.nikesh
24-11-13, 19:08
Now I have sorted it but I have to do this every time I on my Vu + solo box.

Menu - setup -System- Network- Device setup- Device set up- restart network

Once I do this it connects to Internet, but I have to do it every time whn I switch it on.

\can anyone advice me how to set it as default and i dont have to do it again and agin

Trial
24-11-13, 19:19
Hi,
did you do at least one restart from the menu after you made changes? Settings are only stored correctly if you shutdown or restart from menu.

ciao

m.nikesh
24-11-13, 19:40
hi, i tried to do the restart network and did restart on menu.

but whn i switched off the mail and powerd it back. it was the same to connect i had to do restart network

m.nikesh
24-11-13, 19:49
Hi,
did you do at least one restart from the menu after you made changes? Settings are only stored correctly if you shutdown or restart from menu.

ciao

hi, i tried to do the restart network and did restart on menu.

but whn i switched off the mail and powerd it back. it was the same to connect i had to do restart network

m.nikesh
25-11-13, 09:08
Pls any advice?/

Trial
25-11-13, 10:06
Hi,
make an image backup, make a settings backup, do a fresh flash and restore settings&plugins. If you have problems after that you can go backup to the previous state with the image backup you made.

I never had problems with the network.

ciao

m.nikesh
25-11-13, 11:59
Thanks, but how can i do tht?

WIll I loose ccmam as well if I do a flash?x

duoduo
25-11-13, 12:40
it will be backed up as part of your settings backup, even if you lost CCcam, it isnt to difficult to put it back on your receiver.

Blue button, vix, backup manager

Sirius
25-11-13, 12:58
Try setting up a static IP address for the box mate. In network settings disable use dhcp and set an IP address that is not in your router dhcp pool list.