PDA

View Full Version : IPTV gigablue Quad

blackjack21
24-11-13, 18:31
Hi,

I am a newcomer in this forum.

I recently bought a gigablue quad from World-Of-Satellite and as i have no experience in the receiver field.

I would like to know how to run iptv on my gigablue quad ? Please, give full explanation because i am a novice. According to the specifications of this receiver, i can use iptv (unfortunately most of the forum are in German... ScheiSse, lol, ... yes i know i have to improve my German, i beg you pardon).

Any other information about this receiver will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Trial
25-11-13, 09:11
Hi,
when you installed OpenViX on your Quad you can download the plugin IPTVListUpdater. When you start this plugin you can select a lot of countries and special interests and the plugin will generate a bouquet for this.

Because some of the IPTVs are only temporary it is a hit&miss if it is working and you should have patience because it can take several seconds before a stream starts.

ciao

blackjack21
25-11-13, 20:46
Thank Trial, i gonna look for this plugin and give you a feedback asap.

I tried to install another plugin called Turkvod but i failed since i got an error message. I had to do this with Telnet according to a website :
opkg install python-shell
opkg install python-misc
But i don't know how... so sad

Otherwise, where i must put *.ipk files for the plugins if i don't install them directly with my receiver (Gigablue Quad running on openvix) ?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Larry-G
25-11-13, 20:53
If your running ViX you can either place the .ipk onto a USB stick then insert this into the receiver while on a TV channel ( with no menu's open ), you should then be presented with a screen asking if you want to install the file.

or

Using a FTP client send the file to the /tmp/ directory on the receiver and then press the blue button / ViX / install local extension. to manually install the file.

or

press the menu button and navigate to the plugin feeds and download from there.

tyty5000
01-05-17, 20:49
Hi i am wanting to do this myself but cannot find the plugin IPTVListUpdater. does anyone have a link or copy please.