PDA

View Full Version : Possible memory leak?

markom80
23-11-13, 13:13
I'm running my ultimo with latest 792 build. Is it possible that there's some memory leak?
I was streaming the movie (1080i mkv) from my nas to receiver and i had to restart ultimo twice during movie.
First time when i had to restart was after 40mins and second was after 2h from start of movie.

the problem started, so that the film begins to twitch and using box was extreme slow. Before second boot i checked ram status and there was only about 8MB free ram and after restart there's about 130MB free ram.

Box is connected to router with ethernet cable if it matters.

Larry-G
23-11-13, 13:53
My Ultimo is is use daily for at least 16 hrs a day and has been since the day i got shortly after launch, I can honestly say that i have never experienced any kind of memory leak or memory usage problems with this receiver and never heard any reports of any either.

I'm not saying it's not possible but if it were i would have expected it at the same time as the Duo when the kernel was changed to 3.1.1 which was over a year ago.

StuBFrost
23-11-13, 14:05
Not sure about memory leaks but my Ultimo often slows down and has to be switched off to reset it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
23-11-13, 14:12
..... Before second boot i checked ram status and there was only about 8MB free ram and after restart there's about 130MB free ram.....
Not sure how and why you checked free RAM? If you used 'free' it's useless, as Linux always uses all available RAM.

PS: If you use available RAM = (free + cached + buffered)

markom80
23-11-13, 15:26
I checked free ram from there and i thought that if system became slow then it must be because of high cpu load or that there's not ram available.
RAM usage i was able to check and it showed that free memory was low almost right after that when i was going to some menu enigma2 rebooted it self without any error logs.

the picture above is from now after reflash + restore backup and plugins. Box has been running about an hour

Rob van der Does
23-11-13, 15:34
But I hope you now understand that it's no use in checking Free memory as Linux always uses all?

markom80
23-11-13, 15:42
yes i understand it. Then it was some other issue what made receiver unusable and i had to reboot it.