PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] How to change aspect ratio of recorded content ?

dallast
23-11-13, 02:33
Hi,

How do you change the display scaling of recorded content ? I am recording shows like Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond and I guess they were originally created in 4:3 ratio. When I play the recorded shows back, this ratio is maintained so that on my widescreen tele there's a blank bit at each side of the screen. Also I notice that using webif to take a screenshot of recording playback does not work so I cannot show you what I mean.

I have tried adjusting
AV Settings - Display 4:3 Content As and Display 16:9 Content As
but nothing works.

I am using HDMI to link tV.

Any help appreciated.

Rob van der Does
23-11-13, 04:48
Grabbing screenshot has been fixed in build 792: so please update your box.

Regarding the aspect ratio: if the 'Display 4:3 as ...' doesn't work, the actual aspect ratio is 16:9 (so the black bars are in the video). Nothing can be done about that on the side of the box.
You might however have a TV with 'intelligent' aspect ratio settings, such as (smart) zoom.

dallast
24-11-13, 18:06
Grabbing screenshot has been fixed in build 792: so please update your box.

Regarding the aspect ratio: if the 'Display 4:3 as ...' doesn't work, the actual aspect ratio is 16:9 (so the black bars are in the video). Nothing can be done about that on the side of the box.
You might however have a TV with 'intelligent' aspect ratio settings, such as (smart) zoom.

In that case, is there any point to AV Settings - Display 4:3 Content As and Display 16:9 Content As menu settings ?

Rob van der Does
24-11-13, 18:35
In that case, is there any point to AV Settings - Display 4:3 Content As and Display 16:9 Content As menu settings ?
Yes, but all depends on the actual contents.
If the contents is 4:3, the 'Display 4:3 as...' setting will be applicable.
If the contents is >16:9 the 'Display >16:9 as ...' setting will be applicable.
Both for TV and recordings.

But: any HD-service always sends 16:9 contents. And an SD-service may sent 4:3 or 16:9
And other files (not recordings) can have all kinds of (non standard) aspect ratio's.

PS: I changed the title of the thread to reflect the contents.