PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Autotimer not working

dallast
21-11-13, 22:40
VU+ Duo2
VIX 3.0 Build 790

I am having an issue with VIX that I have noticed for the past few builds. I am finding that setting an autotimer seems to do nothing. Right now I am trying to set up an auto timer to record Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier, on C4 every morning.

I bring up epg, go to c4, scroll right til I get to tomorrow mornings listings and highlight the shows.
Press Blue (add autotimer)
Press green twice
This brings me back to epg. The show listings have not gone red. When I exit out of epg I see the attached image.

etc/enigma/autotimers.xml lists the timers. When I bring up the timers dialog (press green) I can see the shows with a timer status of "waiting". But nothing gets recorded in the mornings. I have tried deleting the autotimers.xml file and starting again but the above still happens.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues ?

judge
21-11-13, 22:52
The above countdown shows that the timers were already added & didn't need to be added again.
What are you expecting to go red?

dallast
21-11-13, 23:16
As per my post above
Normally, the show listing in the epg screen would go from green to red indicating that the show has a timer associated with it.
Also, the summary dialog that you get after exiting epg makes no sense. It says it found a total of 4 matching events, but 0 timers were added. Why does it say that it added 0 timers ?
Finally, no shows get recorded. When I get home in the evening and check my recordings, there are none.

judge
21-11-13, 23:36
It's saying 4 matching events, none changed as they were already added.
Do the timers show as completed in your timer lists?

Can you take a screenshot of your auto timer & timers screen?
Also, one of your EPG.

What state is the box in when the timers are supposed to kick in?

dallast
21-11-13, 23:58
Hi and thanks for replying. I put the box in deep standby when going to bed. I have been recording Frasier for months from deep stand by, these latest issues are very recent. Only started happening about 3 weeks ago. Here's a few screenshots

I'm gonna have another go at deleting autotimers.xml, rebooting and start again.

dallast
22-11-13, 00:02
another thing I notice, when I delete the auto timers, and then delete the timers, autotimer.xml is not cleared. It reads as follows

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<autotimer version="7">

<timer name="Everybody Loves Raymond" match="Everybody Loves Raymond" enabled="yes" from="06:55" to="09:25" searchType="exact" searchCase="sensitive" overrideAlternatives="1">
<serviceref>1:0:19:52D0:814:2:11A0000:0:0:0:</serviceref> <!-- Channel 4 HD -->
<include where="dayofweek">4</include>
</timer>

<timer name="Everybody Loves Raymond" match="Everybody Loves Raymond" enabled="yes" from="07:25" to="10:00" searchType="exact" searchCase="sensitive" overrideAlternatives="1">
</timer>

<timer name="Frasier" match="Frasier" enabled="yes" from="08:00" to="10:30" searchType="exact" searchCase="sensitive" overrideAlternatives="1">
</timer>

<timer name="Frasier" match="Frasier" enabled="yes" from="08:00" to="10:30" searchType="exact" searchCase="sensitive" overrideAlternatives="1">
</timer>

</autotimer>

judge
22-11-13, 00:06
Try leaving the box in standby rather than deep standby tonight & see if the timers work in the morning.

dallast
22-11-13, 00:18
ok will do

judge
22-11-13, 00:21
Please also enable debug logs, Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings -> Enable debug log = yes.
Then restart E2 so the logs are generated.
That should give a much better idea the next time your issue happens.

andyblac
22-11-13, 03:11
IRC, you can't have multiple AutoTimer with same names, try changing the name of the 2nd AT.

Rob van der Does
22-11-13, 07:29
IRC, you can't have multiple AutoTimer with same names, try changing the name of the 2nd AT.
Hmmm, not sure about that.
I happen to have multiple AT's all the time (as going through the list I don't always remember already having set an AT), and I didn't notice any issues due to that.

andyblac
22-11-13, 11:05
Hmmm, not sure about that.
I happen to have multiple AT's all the time (as going through the list I don't always remember already having set an AT), and I didn't notice any issues due to that.

both with same date/time, he has different ones, IRC it will only use the first one detected. but not tested recently.

dallast
23-11-13, 00:40
Right, first thanks for all the replies. So last night I put the box into standby, not deep standby. Got home tonight and checked the timers, and my shows were recorded. So tonight I'll try deep standby and see what happens.

judge
23-11-13, 00:44
Please have debug logs enabled first & upload them here if you still have recording issues from deep standby.

dallast
24-11-13, 01:31
Ok, last night I put the box in deep standby and got nothing recorded this morning. Also, I notice that when press the timers button (green) I see there are some timers waiting but for next Friday (29th November) even though there are events tomorrow morning and every morning next week. I've been experiencing weird stuff with timers over the last few builds. All very weird. Also, I enabled logs last night like you advised and attached are the logs over past 24 hours.

andyblac
24-11-13, 01:58
Ok, last night I put the box in deep standby and got nothing recorded this morning. Also, I notice that when press the timers button (green) I see there are some timers waiting but for next Friday (29th November) even though there are events tomorrow morning and every morning next week. I've been experiencing weird stuff with timers over the last few builds. All very weird. Also, I enabled logs last night like you advised and attached are the logs over past 24 hours.

please post your autotimer.xml file

dallast
24-11-13, 18:10
Here you go

andyblac
25-11-13, 10:27
Here you go

try changing search type to partial also make sure the time frame is correct. and it looks like you are only searching on THURSDAYS

<timer name="Frasier" match="Frasier" enabled="yes" from="08:00" to="10:30" searchType="exact" searchCase="sensitive" overrideAlternatives="1"> <serviceref>1:0:19:52D0:814:2:11A0000:0:0:0:</serviceref> <!-- Channel 4 HD -->
</timer>

dallast
05-12-13, 00:10
I didnt specify anything specific. I just setup autotimer with default settings. I didnt tell the autotimer to choose Thursdays or Fridays. Ive no idea where that kinda specific criteria is coming from.

Rob van der Does
05-12-13, 06:37
I didnt specify anything specific. I just setup autotimer with default settings. I didnt tell the autotimer to choose Thursdays or Fridays. Ive no idea where that kinda specific criteria is coming from.
Apparently you used the quick-AT-entry.
You can change the defaults for that to match your preference. Or you can use the normal AT-entry: that way you go through all the settings.

dallast
21-12-13, 12:59
Apparently you used the quick-AT-entry.
You can change the defaults for that to match your preference. Or you can use the normal AT-entry: that way you go through all the settings.

Apologies for the delay in responding. I am so busy atm, hard to get a moment to logon. I'll review

I wonder is this the issue. Why would the quick-AT entry default to Friday's only when I have never meddled with AT settings in anyway ? I would have assumed that the quick-AT entry would invoke all default settings out of the box ?

Anyway, I will go through the AT's in the normal AT editor and review settings there as a partial fix. But I do wonder is this a bug ?

dallast
21-12-13, 13:09
Just further to my previous post. I have now reviewed my Frasier timer in the normal AT editor. I have also reviewed my AT New Timer Default settings. In neither can I seer any option that specifies that a new AT should record on Fridays on any particular day.
So why is my Frasier timer only recording on Fridays ?

Screenshots attached.

Rob van der Does
21-12-13, 13:16
If you go to Menu --> Timers --> AutoTimer --> Menu --> 'Edit new timer defaults' you can setup the way a 'quick timer entry' will be setup.

BubbleBalls
21-12-13, 13:54
If you long press green it will list all your auto timers. Scroll to Frazier and on the right you will see what days are set for that Autotimer.

Also, some shows do not list programme synopsis for each episode - there can be a general description of the show which is used every time the show is aired. If "require description to be unique" is set to "any service/recording" or "any service" A.T. will not schedule them (as it believes the show has already been recorded)

Sometimes it is better to use the Add Auto Timer button and check through all options before saving, especially as the first screen allows you to choose which days you want.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
21-12-13, 14:28
Sometimes it is better to use the Add Auto Timer button and check through all options before saving, especially as the first screen allows you to choose which days you want.
That's why I always use that 'long way around'. I like to be in full control!