PDA

View Full Version : CrossEPG Stuck at 195kb

bathingaper
21-11-13, 00:57
Can anyone help me with this? Whenever downloading the EPG, it gets stuck at 195 KB and stays there forever. I have to switch off from the back of the unit and reboot.

I have also updated to the latest flash (790) and still it doesn't work.

I have also telnet to the client and run 'init 4' to kill the enigma session. Once killed, I FTP'd on to the box and removed the crossepg file and the crossepg folder. Run 'init 6' to restart enigma and still no joy :(

The only thing I haven't tried is to remove crossepg altogether. I guess it's easy to remove but I can't find it in the download plugins section? Maybe it doesn't appear in there because it's already installed?

PS. EPG is stored on internal HD.

Anyway - any suggestions are welcome

judge
21-11-13, 01:17
What are your tuner settings?

bathingaper
21-11-13, 01:17
So i deleted the plugin and reinstalled. This has worked :)

bathingaper
21-11-13, 01:18
What are your tuner settings?

ignore me lol

judge
21-11-13, 01:27
ignore me lol

Nah, there should be no need to delete a pre-installed plugin.
Please post the steps (and build used) to reproduce so other users can benifit if they experience the same issues.

bathingaper
21-11-13, 01:36
I had the issue on an older build. Cant remember the exact version. I then updated to 789 and the issue persisted. I then updated to 790 and that alone didnt fix the issue for me.

Throughout each version I removed the crossepg folder and epg.dat file through FTP and this still didnt fix it. I killed and restarted e2 each time.

The only difference now is that I removed the crossepg plugin altogether, rebooted and reinstalled the plugin. I pressed blue button to initiate download of EPG and it flew through, like it should.

Rob van der Does
21-11-13, 06:17
The only difference now is that I removed the crossepg plugin altogether, rebooted and reinstalled the plugin. I pressed blue button to initiate download of EPG and it flew through, like it should.
Same experience as I reported earlier. For reasons unknown this sometimes helps.

msuk
21-11-13, 14:45
I have also experienced this from build 775 to 790. It would say reading and sit at 195kb for a long time (15mins), but eventually finish.

Where are the EPG log files located?

Thanks
Msuk

DaMacFunkin
22-11-13, 08:27
Where have you chosen to store them?

Rob van der Does
22-11-13, 09:46
Where are the EPG log files located?
In the folder where the Cross database is.