PDA

View Full Version : Costa Blanca: Cannot Receive Movie Channels

RottyDave
19-11-13, 16:50
Hi Everyone,

I have had my Vu Solo 2 now for over a year now and can view all channels via my Sky viewing card(including my sport channels) except my subscription movie channels.Is there any reason for this ie is this down to the location(40 miles south of Alicante)

Thanks

Larry-G
19-11-13, 17:02
Could be down to the new pairing method sky are bringing in. Infact I have the same issue my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

RottyDave
19-11-13, 17:18
Was using a Iberosat Fta Receiver before this and had the same problem with that box too-wondered if it was because the movie channels are broadcast from a different sattelite?

Burnham
19-11-13, 17:29
If you can get Sport HD channels you are unaffected by new pairing and you should be able to get your movie channels.

Two possible causes - subscription run out on movies or signal. You can check the signal very easily.

RottyDave
19-11-13, 17:43
The subscription is definately current so i would need to check the signal strength then.
When i do a channel scan it does not pick the movie channels up at all though?

Burnham
19-11-13, 17:56
Your satellite.xml file might be out of date. Have you tried a full satellite manual scan with network scan set to yes.

RottyDave
19-11-13, 18:01
I havent tried this and unfortunately wont be over again untill March time so will have a go at that when i am back over.
What about the sattelite xml file?Would i need to do anything there?

Rob van der Does
20-11-13, 05:47
IMHO you're affected by the new spotbeam transponders. Allicante seems to be far out of the beam.

Maybe aligning your dish, or the use of a larger one, might help you there?

maggiesfan
22-11-13, 17:28
I have the Vu+ Solo2 and can get all of the movie channels, I'm in Playa Flamenca, however you will struggle if you do not have at least a
1.9 dish.

RottyDave
10-12-13, 21:18
Ok,thats interesting,thanks for letting me know about the size of the dish.