PDA

View Full Version : planing a new set up

dorada
18-11-13, 21:10
hello, I need a little advice please I'am trying plan a new set up for my son when he moves at the moment we both have basic set ups hard wired but he want a gigablue downstairs with memory to record while watching another channel also he wants his octagon sf8 upstairs both working with wifi can anyone advice me what I need to get (from site sponsor of course) to make this possible please.

Andy_Hazza
18-11-13, 21:50
Hi, I wouldn't recommend wifi. Have you thought of powerline adapters (homeplugs)? The sponsor site sells them. Here is a link to what I mean.
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking/Networking-Homeplugs/Tenda-P200-200Mbps-Homeplugs-Powerline-Mini-Adapter-Pair

:D

dorada
18-11-13, 22:21
thanks for the reply, i was reading about them last night thats one for the list which gigablue do I need to be able to watch one channel & record another also is there a plug-in to allow me to series link & pause tv .

judge
18-11-13, 22:36
any dual tuner, such as the GB Quad will do what you want.
If you use the ViX image, 'Auto Timer' (the closest you'll get to series link) and Permanent TimeShift are included by default.

dorada
19-11-13, 19:53
thanks for your reply, I will do some some research on auto timer & time shift I assume auto time works from your epg

Andy_Hazza
19-11-13, 20:34
Auto timer 'Series Link' works from the EPG yeah

Andy_Hazza
19-11-13, 20:36
Time Shift 'Pause Live TV' works by just pressing on the pause button on the remote, play to resume and stop to go to present situation of the program

dorada
20-11-13, 17:01
Thanks for all you advice before I purchase can anyone recomend a suitable box or should I stick with the gigablue . cheers