PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with Solo 2

snapy13
18-11-13, 19:54
Hi all
A month ago I bought a brand new Vu Solo 2.
Right after the purchase I installed in it a hard drive 500 GB Western Digital 2.5'', and also installed Blackhole image 2.0.6. As I am not accustomed in using linux receivers and I though that the certain image is kinda tough to handle I replaced it almost immediately with Openpli 3.0.
From the next day the problem started. As I was watching a channel the solo stuck/froze and it needed to be turned off from the switch on the back. To be more specific it didn't respond to any remote control button that I pressed. This happened only with High Definition channels. It never froze with SD ones. Usually the receiver stuck after 1-2 hours of operation, although sometimes it kept on playing for several hours without any problem. After this problem occurred for about 3-4 times within a week, I contacted the vendor. He suggested that I change the image of the receiver, in case the one installed was not a good fit for it. I did as I was told but without the desired results. I kept on facing the same issues as before. Also, I forgot to mention that 2-3 times the solo did something else, rather unusual. As I was watching, the screen blacked out and then came back on while the sound kept on playing (screen flashing). By pressing OK on the controller the screen flashing stopped.
I wrote about this problem on a Greek forum and I was advised to take out the hard drive as this might be the cause of the problem. I did what I was told and I also installed a new image from the beginning but still the solo kept getting stuck. As I was frustrated, I finally gave the receptor back to the vendor so that he could try it. He kept it for three days and it was working just fine (at least that's what he said). I took the receiverr back and tried it again. The first day it worked just fine, but on the second I had the same problems again. After that a friend of mine offered to take the solo and try it himself. He kept it for a week and told me that it didn't get stuck, not even once. Today I took the receptor back home. I'm afraid to turn it on in case it gets stuck again...lol! It seems that it does so only to me!!!
As this device is driving me insane I would like you to help me reach a conclusion about what's causing it to get stuck. What do you think could be responsible? Is it a matter of software or hardware? I have read several pages on several forums but I haven't found anything similar to the problem that I'm facing. I should also mention that the receiver is not warm when it gets stuck and so I don't think it's a case of over-heating.
I'm awaiting for your advice.
Thank you.

Trial
18-11-13, 20:55
Hi,
what about your sat system? Is it good? What do you have for values of SNR/AGC? Do you place it in a cabinet so that temperature might be a problem?

ciao

snapy13
18-11-13, 21:05
I believe my system is ok ,never before had problems with other receivers ( spiderbox - edision mini ).
I have a 1.25 dish with 4 lnb's on it.
I have good signal to most of the channels , i dont know the exact values.
Temperature is not a problem, trust me.