PDA

View Full Version : Update ? Really ??

doeflax
18-11-13, 19:29
OK, I have a question. I am currently a happy owner of a VU+ Duo and am wondering if all these updates for the boxes are an absolute necessity ?
I am not interested in swapping images, or experimenting with different plugins, so, by not actively updating am I heading for a fall ? Do the updates prevent serious problems ? Will my box cease to function if the updates are not installed ?
Be good to hear from you.

Stanman
18-11-13, 19:45
No, if your happy with what you have it will carry on, update if you want to.

Larry-G
18-11-13, 19:47
no your box wont cease to function by sticking on a older image but you also wont be able to take advantage of any bug fixes in the image or drivers or use any of the new improved features either.

s1m0nw
18-11-13, 19:59
This is entirely up to yourself mate.

The image is alway being upgraded with new functions etc etc. You dont need to update with EVERY update just do every once and a while when you can or update whenever you can via usb

doeflax
18-11-13, 20:19
Thanx guys. I will possibly update, but I'll wait till I feel more comfortable and better schooled to do so!:thumbsup:

Trial
18-11-13, 20:51
Hi,
deactivated the update check then you will not see the red and green flashing thingies:-) Use the image manager to make a 1:1 backup of the current state so in case you did something stupid you will be up and running again in 5 minutes.

ciao

satmanbasil
19-11-13, 01:10
Hi mate

Plenty on forum about upgrading your receiver many of us do them regular just to keep up with any new improvements to this wonderfull receiver