PDA

View Full Version : Whats best setup for viewing satellite box outside network

s1m0nw
18-11-13, 19:03
Hey guys

Going on holiday on saturday and was wondering what would be the best setup to watch my satellite box like am sitting in the house.

I have a vu+ duo with 60mb bb.

Can be viewed on kindle or ipad.

Reason for this thread is I have seen a couple of options but was wondering what one would be best as I know the duo isnt capable of transcoding.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Trial
18-11-13, 20:58
Hi,
you internet connection should be at least 10MBit upload (speed home -> internet) NOT DOWNLOAD! Then your router should be able to support portforwarding and you should forward port 80 and 8001 BUT before you do that give your box a safe password. Better option is to create a VPN between your pad and your router.

ciao

s1m0nw
18-11-13, 22:15
Hi,
you internet connection should be at least 10MBit upload (speed home -> internet) NOT DOWNLOAD! Then your router should be able to support portforwarding and you should forward port 80 and 8001 BUT before you do that give your box a safe password. Better option is to create a VPN between your pad and your router.

ciao

Thanks for that. I have it set up that way at the moment.

Was just seeing if there was a better option. So all I need to do now is find out my upload speed.

Thanks again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

judge
18-11-13, 22:37
Try

http://speedtest.net

Silent
20-11-13, 17:56
There are quite a few apps for iPad. I can't remember the one I used to use.

Just search enigma2 on the app store and you'll see them. If Jailbroken, the IPA's are online so you can test the non-free ones.