PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent client plugin for vix

sagatr
18-11-13, 17:33
Hi guys, Is there a bit torrent client plugin for vix image. I am using the a solo2 with the latest vix image.

I know there is a enigma2 client called transmission but not sure if it will work for vix.

Any ideas ?

Larry-G
18-11-13, 17:42
There is one but i'm not sure of the name as i have never used it my self.

Rob van der Does
19-11-13, 06:29
I know transmission works, as several users reported that.
But don't ask me how to configure it, as I have no clue.

sagatr
20-11-13, 16:14
Ok guys managed to get transmission working. Its an excellent little bit torrent client with a web based interface.

How to install:

1. download the plugin. I download version 2.76-r13884
2. Put the ipk file in the /tmp folder.
3. Go the settings menu -> vix -> install external plugin
4. Once the plugin is installed you can edit the config file /hdd/transmission/config/settings.json to change the download and upload speed:

"speed-limit-up": 5,
"speed-limit-up-enabled": true,

5. Start Transmission to run in the background. Go to Plugins screen: Transmission>start transmission-daemon.

Once the service is running it will give you an web ip address like : http://192.168.7.97:9091. This ip does not work. The correct ip address should be http://yoursolo2ipaddress:9091.
Once you type the correct ip address in your browser. You will be presented with logon screen:

User: root
Password: dreambox

Then you will see the Transmission client running on your web browser. It has a familiar interface like uTorrent etc.

The downloaded torrent file ends up in /hdd/transmission/download/

You can even access the client from an external ip address if you port forward 9091 in your router.

Now i have a very efficient way to download those huge bittorrent files without leaving my PC on whole night. :)

marty
20-11-13, 16:45
Now i have a very efficient way to download those huge bittorrent files without leaving my PC on whole night. :)

Many NAS boxes can do that these days, but not everyone has one ;)

Thanks for the guide :thumbsup: I'm sure many will find it useful :)

Larry-G
20-11-13, 16:55
Ok guys managed to get transmission working. Its an excellent little bit torrent client with a web based interface.

How to install:

1. download the plugin. I download version 2.76-r13884
2. Put the ipk file in the /tmp folder.
3. Go the settings menu -> vix -> install external plugin
4. Once the plugin is installed you can edit the config file /hdd/transmission/config/settings.json to change the download and upload speed:

"speed-limit-up": 5,
"speed-limit-up-enabled": true,

5. Start Transmission to run in the background. Go to Plugins screen: Transmission>start transmission-daemon.

Once the service is running it will give you an web ip address like : http://192.168.7.97:9091. This ip does not work. The correct ip address should be http://yoursolo2ipaddress:9091.
Once you type the correct ip address in your browser. You will be presented with logon screen:

User: root
Password: dreambox

Then you will see the Transmission client running on your web browser. It has a familiar interface like uTorrent etc.

The downloaded torrent file ends up in /hdd/transmission/download/

You can even access the client from an external ip address if you port forward 9091 in your router.

Many thanks for this. If I get the time tonight I will nock up a .pdf tutorial based on this and credited back to you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
21-11-13, 15:50
just to add to this, transmission is already available via the image feeds so you can skip points 1 through 3. i'll create a quick tutorial in a little while.

s1m0nw
21-11-13, 20:28
I have just set this up myself and tested it works a treat!!!! Hardest part is trying to find and change the stated parts in the instructions lol its that easy to setup.

RiGGs
22-11-13, 12:21
Sagatr ... big thanks for the guide :thumbsup:

After finding this thread, I've just set this up via VIX feeds which was easy and it works really well with nice user interface within your web browser.
I'm sure it will become one of the top plugins.

It looks like it could have been updated in the feed, because you can now change the download and upload speed (along with lots of other options) within the actual web browser client.

josweet
09-03-14, 17:32
A tutorial has been upped for for those still having trouble> http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?36049-Transmittion-%28bit-torrent%29-tutorial&highlight=Transmission

Andyg1988
09-03-14, 18:30
Is there anyway of doing this through iphone safari? I'm alway on my phone just would be more effiecent got me to do it that way

Tonto McTavish
01-09-22, 09:56
Cant find Transmission in the `Install Plugins` menu anymore, I believe it used to be in 'extensions' category, ive scanned the other categories (settings, systemplugins etc...) but has it moved?

Image 6.2.009
Vu+ Solo SE

Huevos
01-09-22, 19:18
It was there 8 years ago. Are you sure you've searched properly?

Stuckagain
26-01-23, 21:11
I'm also having a problem finding transmission plug in.